Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important announcement to come from BLAST

Options
  • 29-03-2005 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17 xsmusic

Within the next few days, there will be an important announcement coming from the Directors of Blast.
    Any musicians, promoters and gig-goers in general will be interested to here this....I guarantee it.

-The Directors

Marc, Brendan and David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

bizarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Directors, thats a good one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

BIG YAWN

if yer gonna announce something lads just come out and say it for the love of god dont announce the fact that your going to be making an announcment on all the irish music forums thats just bleeding irratating

that said when will said announcement be made?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

wow, I completely forgot about that place, just logged on again after about a year to find that I'm still a mod too.... wierd

hows you flogen? aint seen ya about these boards in ages (probably cos i've just got back from being on sabbatical from boards). still running gigs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Blast..............lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

_raptor_ wrote:
    hows you flogen? aint seen ya about these boards in ages (probably cos i've just got back from being on sabbatical from boards). still running gigs?

no, finished that a long while ago, was costing too much money, had a fair few people cancelling on me at the last minute and then others who expected to be payed big money for playing a half hour gig to 10 people. It just wasn't working! (basically, do organise gigs right you need a lot of money behind you at the start and you need to be willing to take a hit for the first few months, I ran out of money quick enough).

I wouldn't mind doing them again if I could, Isaac Butts was an OK venue and more importantly Andy Colbert was dead sound, covered me when I had a few **** gigs and was generally a nice guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

If the announcement comes out on Friday bear in mind it's April 1st...

And its Blast we're talking about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

xsmusic wrote:
    Within the next few days, there will be an important announcement coming from the Directors of Blast.
    Any musicians, promoters and gig-goers in general will be interested to here this....I guarantee it.

-The Directors

Marc, Brendan and David

are yiz quitting?
    never to grace the toilets of dublin again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Carlsber40

Ah now lads and lassies of Boards.ie..... give people the benefit of the doubt and lets see what the announcement is..... then if its not up to much you can run amuck with comments galore! ;)

Mind you I have no previous experience with blast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Tombo

I have yet to experience anything of Blast also and am trying to defer any judgement until I see what the annoucement is but announcing that an announcement is on the way is one of the gayest things I have ever seen.

Carlsber40 wrote:
    Mind you I have no previous experience with blast

exactly why your saying wait and see what it is, it'll be the usual massive build up to nothing im sure
    Tombo wrote:
    announcing that an announcement is on the way is one of the gayest things I have ever seen.

its not just gay its seriously MEGA gay lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

xsmusic wrote:

-The Directors

Marc, Brendan and David

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing

But the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.....and if ur more than 12 years of age you're too old for Blast.

I've never heard of it, what is it? Their website looks like a justification for genocide

ThatBloke wrote:
    I've never heard of it, what is it? Their website looks like a justification for genocide

I can see how genocide can be justified but as for for Blast....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 garypope

so rumour has it all the Blast people quit, cos Rob was ripping them off.

ha ha!

will he never learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

garypope wrote:
    will he never learn?

blast is mainly filled with 13-16 year olds... there will be more people willing to take the place of those who quit, if the rumours are true...

but it's hardly going to have a detrimental impact on the irish music scene...

so anyone find out wot this bleedin thing is all about yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

They had a write-up in the Irish Times on Saturday - that must have been it.

'Extra extra read all about it, Blast is sh1te' or something along those lines

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I think "The Director" fúckwits thought they were breaking Blast up by leaving it or some such shíte.

Morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

that adds insult to injury.... announcing the imminence of a major announcement and the major announcement is so crap that everyone misses it... i never liked blast anyway... only went once... to see turn... that wasn't so bad cos there was a bar upstairs... cos i couldn't have survived the gig without a pint

Speaking of Turn, what's happened to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

ThatBloke wrote:

They're in the middle of recording their new album. First single is due to be released in May so keep an eye out. :)
    xm

ThatBloke wrote:

Got themselves a nice fat record deal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

does anyone actually know what this announcement was?

• Advertisement

does anyone actually know what this announcement was?

jaysus thought you'd have to contacts to find that one out seeing as how ya used to be involved.

now go and get the answer like a good boy.:D

ah only messing with ya man havent seen ya in ages been keepin well?

Advertisement