Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tinted Windows

Options
  • 29-03-2005 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I have a 2001 Alfa 156 and I'm interested in getting the windows tinted either a dark black or gradient silver, I dont know much about modding cars so does anyone know how much it would cost to get the whole car done (barr the windshield of course)

Also does anyone know any good places to get them done properly, as i dont fancy sticking them plastic sheets to my windows :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Not sure on getting them fitted as I do it myself, but be prepared to be gettin pulled by the law on a weekly basis :rolleyes: Garda dont take well to tinted windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i've had mine done a while now, and no problem with getting pulled over at all, cost me 260

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

http://www.icetronix.com Have a look on that website, also if your in dublin tune into ClubFm as they are always having ads for modifying cars and where to go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

shades/bm glass coating in Rosemount Business Park in Blanchardstown
    they do good work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Debyaka

Not worried about the cops really, i'm not a mad driver!!
    Thanks for all the info i'll give that place in blanch a bell cheers..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Debyaka

heggie wrote:
    i've had mine done a while now, and no problem with getting pulled over at all, cost me 260

Where did you get yours done?? Or did you do them yourself??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

lanno wrote:
    they do good work

i recommend them, i got my windows done twice there and then i got them to remove the tints, all good work, and the garda honestly dont give a tos$ unless you have a badly pimped out car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

lanno wrote:
    they do good work

I got mine done here too as well and they did an excellent job. Think the total cost was somewhere in the region of €250 including a suns-strip on the top of the windscreen...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's quite pricey really.

How much would it be to do a DIY job does anyone know?

I would just be looking for a dark black tint. And for those who know I have a Micra, no, I wouldn't dream of tinting Micra windows, it already had alloys when I bought it :rolleyes: I have good reasons to tint anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I had my BMW 530D done by a guy in Killorglin. see pic) He is quite good but it cost me 350 euros. I would not recommend you doing it yourself as it is quite a skilled slow job requiring a lot of practice.
    The film itself is expensive enough but if you are not careful applying it you can easily ruin it.
    Those prices being quoted sound quite good to me :)

BMW.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

350 is madness. Even 250 is a bit crazy. I suppose, I could easily mess it up myself, it seems like a straight forward enough process though, lay, get ride of bubbles, trim.

go on then and try it and post pics up after 4 months :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

got mine done in vision fx in walkinstown, can't say i'd recommend them tho, had to go back with it to fix their first mess.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Slunk wrote:
    http://www.icetronix.com Have a look on that website, also if your in dublin tune into ClubFm as they are always having ads for modifying cars and where to go for it.
    I was told to go there to get a strut brace for my last car. The guy in charge there (can't remember his name) told me he could get it and took my deposit. He would have it is 7 days.
    He never got it despite numerous phone calls and visits - always told me it is due in tomorrow, etc. Basically they arsed me around for about two months by lying through their teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

I got mine done in vision in walkinstown, didnt have any problems, it cost 240 for the whole lot and it comes with a life time gaurantee aswell..

just note that if you ever want to take the tints off, more than likely your rear window heater will stop working, as the tint film rips off the delicate metal strips. It happened on my Focus and the only way to fix it is to get a new rear window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Guy in Mullingar does tinting, sinage for rally cars etc...supposed to be good.

Dominic Loughran Signs Ltd.

Advertisement