Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C# - .bat file compiling and Create Table

Options
  • 29-03-2005 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hey

Would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Firstly, a need to write a .bat that will compile a number of c# files and produce a .exe file. I know this is not a hugely complex task but i have no idea!

Secondly, I need to create Oracle tables from within the c# code (not the same files that are involved in my first question). I can create rows, edit and delete - all that jazz easily. But creating new tables...

Anyone?

EDIT:

Actually, the .bat is not a neccesity, it was just the first thing that came to mind. If it is possible to compile a number of .cs files from within a c# program, and create a .exe for those files, that would be ideal.

Basically I'm creating .cs files from within a c# program, which I have done. I now need to complile those files and create the exe on the fly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Oh, and how can I then call the .bat from within a c# program...

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Ok, so I know how to compile .cs files at the dos prompt (thus I can write a .bat file to do so). Problem now is that when I use the dos prompt to compile, it presents an 'error CS0234:The type or namespace name 'OracleClient' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System.Data'...'

Advertisement