Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ratemyteachers.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I think it either says 'local student' or 'no moderator', it doesn't show the name or username as far as I know. I have no idea who the moderator for my school is but they're not very good at updating it - there's loads of places where the same tecaher is down twice or even three times under different spellings, and I keep pointing these out, but they haven't been changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

I think the reason for so much bad press about RMT is the lax moderators, in schools that have them, who allow bad (ie not adhering to the guidelines) comments to get on the site. It's really dragging the reputation down. Here is a quick reminder, for all you moderators out there, of what is not allowed:
    1. Remarks about personal appearance and hygiene (fat, sweaty, bad hair, nice legs, good hair, dresses well).
    2. Catchphrases. Yes, they breach the guidelines because they do not focus on the teacher's ability and give an insight into the classroom. Also, they are no help to parents or anyone outside the school.
    3. Sexual remarks, e.g. hot, such a cutie, nice legs, etc. These can be really hurtful and do nothing for RMT's reputation.
    4. Remarks about family (her son is cute, she has a big house, etc.)
    5. Anything that will identify the rater, ie names emails, etc. A lot of these can be attempts to frame another student.
    6. Namecalling (bore! asshole! etc.)
    Oh, and fake names - which is why the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly book titles were removed!

All you moderators out there, please abide by these! Also, I personally remove a lot of comments that say a certain teacher 'hates' a person, that do not refer to the teacher's capabilities.

As for whether moderators know IPs: are they 3-figure codes of letters and numbers? If so, yes, moderators know the IP. And also, if you think a teacher is moderating a school's page, email the ratemyteachers.ie staff.

I hope we can stick to the guiidelines and make the site a valuable tool for rooting out the inneffective teachers who are jeopardizing so many students' education.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Rredwell wrote:
    Here is a quick reminder, for all you moderators out there, of what is not allowed:
    • Catchphrases. Yes, they breach the guidelines because they do not focus on the teacher's ability and give an insight into the classroom. Also, they are no help to parents or anyone outside the school.

Seems that the majority of posts there are made up of quotes and catchphrases. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Yeah, but I always, or mostly, delete them!

Oh, did anyone see the Herald article this evening about RMT and all the bad spellings? I think it's true, so many people who rate on RMT couldn't spell to save their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Da_IRISH_ONE4U

Should something like this not be discussed on RateMyTeacher's own forums?

Advertisement