Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst area in dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

mountjoy prison is pretty rough..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

humberklog wrote: »
    And within your objection there in lies the proof of my pudding. It isn't the name/make nor model of car it's the mentality behind the wheel.
    Yours was a classic castlenock response. Routed deeply in the psychology of the "making obvious my notions of superior class pretentions through material goods". I rest rest my case m'lord the defendant is holding the smoking gun.
    Castlenock....Guilty as charged!
    We sentence you to a life time of mowing your lawn, petty murmerings (just loud enough that your neighbours can hear you over your saccatour clipping the rose bush) about the price of private education and only feeling truely manly during the summer months when bar-b-q seasonkicks in and you can wear your 'I'm the chef' apron.
    Take'm down.

And we have ruggermums here not soccermums! Bloody cheek of you!

Seriously though I thought it had been established conclusively many pages back that Castleknock was the worst area by virtue of the fact that Dunsink Lane is in Castleknock?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

deswalsh wrote: »
    And we have ruggermums here not soccermums! Bloody cheek of you!

Seriously though I thought it had been established conclusively many pages back that Castleknock was the worst area by virtue of the fact that Dunsink Lane is in Castleknock?
    I missed that one! The place is moving up in my estimation!
    Ruggermums indeed...That hole your digging is getting bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

D4 perhaps? Looks lovely, granted, but try spend a day there without seeing:

1. Large Buck Teeth on young men
    2. Overly Fake Tanned Person
    3. Blond in a mini cooper (extra points if spotted w/ sunglasses on head)
    4. *****ty little dogs
    5. Young lads with collars up
    6. Men wearing Pink
    7. Jumpers wrapped around shoulders
    8. Men in unnecessarily large Jeep
    9. Ugg Boots
    10. Old woman looking like she's smelling something fonkay in the air.

Hell to many a normal, decent person. Couldn't live there if you paid me.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Couldn't live there if you paid me.
    Lucky for us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    D4 perhaps? Looks lovely, granted, but try spend a day there without seeing:

1. Large Buck Teeth on young men
    2. Overly Fake Tanned Person
    3. Blond in a mini cooper (extra points if spotted w/ sunglasses on head)
    4. *****ty little dogs
    5. Young lads with collars up
    6. Men wearing Pink
    7. Jumpers wrapped around shoulders
    8. Men in unnecessarily large Jeep
    9. Ugg Boots
    10. Old woman looking like she's smelling something fonkay in the air.

Hell to many a normal, decent person. Couldn't live there if you paid me.

I've seen more Ugg boots in Castleknock, Phibsboro and Chapelizod than i have here. The only thing on that list i regularly see/annooys me are the old posh stuck up women. There are quite a few of them and they really piss me off. And men wearing pink, that look has been passed on to the skobies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DarkGod

Would Ratoath, Ashtown be a rough area to live in? Im looking to live in the royal canal park and im wondering if the area surrounding it is dangerous. I'm going up there tomorrow to view an appartment so any quick advice would be appreciated, Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

are UGG boots considered posh? I don't mind them really. Those boat shoes that they all wear on southside, I can't understand that phenomenon at all. I mean they look CRAP. Why did they choose a shoe that looks CRAP to be part of their posh uniform??!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

Mr.S wrote: »
    all the things you listed can be seen anywhere in Dublin...

Cant say ive seen jacinta from dolphins barn
    driving around in her mini cooper unless its robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    are UGG boots considered posh? I don't mind them really. Those boat shoes that they all wear on southside, I can't understand that phenomenon at all. I mean they look CRAP. Why did they choose a shoe that looks CRAP to be part of their posh uniform??!

They cost €100 odd afaik.

• Advertisement

Cant say ive seen jacinta from dolphins barn
    driving around in her mini cooper unless its robbed.

:rolleyes:Ye because Dolphins Barn is a horrible place. And all Jacinta's are like the above.:rolleyes:

Fecking live down the road from Dolphins Barn for my whole 17 year life and walked through it many a time without any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

hahahahahah Gav defending all the Jacintas are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

are UGG boots considered posh?
    They cost €100 odd afaik.

The €100 pair ones would be posh.

It's the cheapo versions ya can probably pick up in Pennys for peanuts that wouldn't be...

I was on about the Dubes that BraziliaNZ talked about "Those boat shoes that they all wear on southside, I can't understand that phenomenon at all. I mean they look CRAP. Why did they choose a shoe that looks CRAP to be part of their posh uniform??!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

So it's the price tag that make them posh and not the look of them?

Mr.S wrote: »
    The same way a 200€ pair of jeans is posh, while a 5€ penneys pair aren't

A pair of air max are worth more then €100 but these aren't considered posh so there has to be more to ugg boots then how much they cost that give them there status as posh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Has Darndale gotten a mention?

Has Darndale gotten a mention?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 barbados

I live in Belcamp which is right beside Darndale and the majority of the people are sound, its not the prettist, site but it doesn't bother me i don't think anybody can judge an area unless they have lived in it.

As the saying goes,

It's not where you live, it's how you live!!!!!!!!!!!

keen wrote: »
    Yes.

Well +1 then. (Its probably not the worst but its the most recent in my head.)

• Advertisement

It doesn't matter what you picked weather it was Darndale or Ballymun, if you don't live there don't be judging it.

barbados wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what you picked weather it was Darndale or Ballymun, if you don't live there don't be judging it.

I know plently about it and have had plently of experience with it so ill judge all I want thanks.

Also its fairly intuitive, I mean would you like to live in Iraq?

You don't have to live in an area to know it's a dump.

keen wrote: »
    So it's the price tag that make them posh and not the look of them?

Ye.:rolleyes: Ofcourse it likes all the A&F, Hollister, etc... brands, it's all about image to them snobby runts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

And what's with posh irish girls' obsession with A&F. Here in Melbourne if you see a girl in an A&F hoodie or whatever, you can assume it's an Irish backpacker, then I always try and hear their accent and ALL of the girls sporting A&F have been Irish. We've gone label crazy it seems. I buy my jeans/shirts etc. in the cheapest places here, who cares, if you're ugly you're ugly the labels don't make the man, man!

And what's with posh irish girls' obsession with A&F. Here in Melbourne if you see a girl in an A&F hoodie or whatever, you can assume it's an Irish backpacker, then I always try and hear their accent and ALL of the girls sporting A&F have been Irish. We've gone label crazy it seems. I buy my jeans/shirts etc. in the cheapest places here, who cares, if you're ugly you're ugly the labels don't make the man, man!

Funny thing is most of the A&F stuff probably isn't real (unless they bought it off the A&F website or one of their own outlets), so most likely you're clothes are dearer than theirs, now there's the irony.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jojobrad

Ive lived in Finglas all my life. Ive never been mugged, egged, attacked or other (insert traumatic experience here). I have alot of wonderful childhood memories of Finglas, growing up and the great friends I have made over the years. Finglas has a bad name but its not a bad place to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

From my seldom trips to these shiite areas I can say the shiitest area of them all was Ballymun, mainly because it was late at night

well don't go there at night so.

• Advertisement

well don't go there at night so.

Sometimes you have to go places you don't want during the night.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement