Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy broadband stories

• 29-03-2005 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

All i ever seem to read on this board is peoples problems with broadband and im just wondering is it the majority of people who have had trouble with broadband and i am in the happy, trouble free minority?

my broadband fairytale,

September 2004

Decide to go on a broadband free trial, as i am an eircom customer, it seems logical to choose their trial.
    My line passes, i register for the trial and recieve the modem about 10 days later.

While on my trial i hear about smart telecoms offer, however their service wont be available in my area until Sept/Oct so i decide to stick with eircom for the year

...and they all surfed, downloaded and gamed happily ever after

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

ah HA.. you had it lucky .. where as if u were a wicklow lad in the middle of know where you wouldnt have it so damned lucky

digiweb or whatever they call themselves now adays are the only bb company out of 4? KNOWN to bother there ass and come out this far

well congrats on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

thats just making the rest of us even madder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,961 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hmmmmm... i think i'll play this card...

moriarty2hp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Don't forgot to add that you're lashing out €40 per month, making eircom one of the most expensive broadband services in Ireland, you have a lovely shiny 4gb cap meaning that your €40 doesn't get you an "Always on, unlimited connection for a flat monthly fee" or that there is a beautiful 48:1 contention ratio, which is enough to bring any online game to a standstill if your area is busy.

Maybe you think its great, but compared to what other countries pay / received in both services and levels of services, eircom is a load of fudge biggrin.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Nice story deadbeat, thanks for sharing.

Closing this before the usual happens.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement