Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clontarf

• 29-03-2005 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to move into an appartment in Clontarf and incredibly eircom are telling me that the line fails the test. I assume this is because the appt block is quite old and that the line was probably split at some stage. Do I have any comeback in this situation? Or even better, is Clontarf NTL enabled yet? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I moved into Clontarf last year, and initially I was told my line failed the test. I was gutted. However, it was just because the (new) number I was given wasn't in their database of phone-numbers-that-had-passed-the-test. If you are moving into an apartment, perhaps they are giving you a new number, which they have yet to test.

If so, ring their BB line and get them to schedule a line test on the new number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 OldTitan

Irish Broadband provides service in Clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

penexpers wrote:
    I'm looking to move into an appartment in Clontarf and incredibly eircom are telling me that the line fails the test. I assume this is because the appt block is quite old and that the line was probably split at some stage. Do I have any comeback in this situation? Or even better, is Clontarf NTL enabled yet? Thanks!

Ring Eircom back and tell them you were listening to David McRedmond on TodayFM's Last Word programme a couple of weeks back and he stated 'if people place a firm order for Broadand, Eircom will do their absolute utmost to make sure that they can have broadband'

See what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

OldTitan wrote:
    Irish Broadband provides service in Clontarf.

I would like to avoid IBB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 OldTitan

penexpers wrote:
    I would like to avoid IBB.

;) fair comment.

If Eircom can't reach you, BT can't as they use the same lines, and as Smart still uses the last piece of copper from the exchange to you, you may not get Smart either although they do claim to have better reach with their ADSL2+. They do say they will be in Clontarf around April/May. There is no ntl in Clontarf that I am aware of, so give Smart a call?

the only other choice would be satelite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

you could try netsource also they seem to be able to give it to me when eircom and bt cant, No idea how netsource can use my lines when eircom cant.
    Pete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

peterk19 wrote:
    you could try netsource also they seem to be able to give it to me when eircom and bt cant, No idea how netsource can use my lines when eircom cant.
    Pete.

IBB is great !! Breeze not Ripwave

Advertisement