Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions

Options
  • 29-03-2005 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I think this forum is a great idea, and I am very excited about it. I just wanted to make a few suggestions if I may. For example, as probably most people are at different stages of their chosen path, be it paganism, druidism, etc. Some of us (myself included) aren't anything at all, and tend to have a mishmash of things, so I'm a little, well, very ignorant of terms, and so forth, so maybe if there was a sort of helpful meditations, or spells, etc. Plus a sort of questions answered section, for example in the Introduce thread, someone gave good advice on meditation, but got techinical on me (I didn't understand) and said about grounding onself so one doesn't bleed energy. To most people, that sounds like gibberish, but rather than that thread be taken up with explanations, how about a general questions thread, it may not be logistical to do, just a few thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

That was me who got all technical, sorry. I can see where such a thread might be a good idea, but in my experience on other message boards whenever someone raises a question about something in a thread it's usually just answered in that thread. And lots of people start talking about the question, debating it the question itself is usually turned into a seperate thread or one is created to discuss it on it's own. This usually works out well for everyone as the question is answered and the mods don't have to be constantly checking on a huge general thread. It also makes it easier for others who come onto the site later to find answers to the same questions as they've become their own seperate threads. Don't know if I've explained that very well but sure ....

Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

As the saying goes on a lot of technology fora, "ask, don't ask to ask". If you've got a question about something someone said go ahead and ask it right there and then, if you've got a question from more general ponderings or something that's come up on a few threads go ahead and start a thread about it.

There are no stupid questions. There are occasionally misplaced questions, but even in those cases the moderators will move the thread to were it can be better answered, we won't get angry or anything.

(There are sometimes stupid answers, but someone who isn't sure but is putting forward their thoughts and opinions honestly isn't an example of that, "I know everything and I think..." is however).

Advertisement