Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journeying

Options
  • 29-03-2005 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced journeying, in terms of astral journeying, if so what was the experience like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

Have done some journeying but not on the astral plane. I've done shaminic journeying to my sacred space where I've meet my power animal. Done this the first time in a meditation workshop my society held last October. I've also done journeying in a crystals workshop my society held just last month. In this journey we were led to the crystal world. Both were quite interesting. When I went to my sacred space for the first time was plesently (sp?) surprised as it was a place I know from my childhood. The crystals journeying was also interesting but not as good as the college's Christain society happened to be in the next room having an event in which they were doing a lot of singing which was quite distracting. The one or two times I've tried astral projection it hasn't worked. But in each case the sensation was very interesting. The technique I used was to picture myself standing infront of myself in my room whilst I was sitting down. In each case I felt a pulling sensation towards where I was visualising myself standing. The only way I could describe it is that it felt like I was trying to get up from my chair but was being blocked by my body which as a result was being dragged along or so it felt.

Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

I think of astral projection like dreaming, even daydreaming, you may often find you've been thinking about someone when your minds away with the fairies and then get a fone call or see them later that day. I consider the astral plane that of thought.
    So to travel astrally is to travel on the plane of thought, you can go to good places or not so good places with your mind, as with astral projecting, is to project ones thoughts elsewhere, onto a situation perhaps (distant healing) or more focused astral projection/journeying can result in what we now consider as remote viewing.

Some say the mind is spirit, and so allowing our minds to wander is merely astral journeying, it's like watching the world through a window. When our spirit physically leaves our body that is considered an OBE (out of body experience), which from what I can understand is where the physical energy is released from the body and can travel at will, this is a bit like climbing out the window rather than viewing from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Astral travel is one thing,
    Traveling on the Astral Planes is another :)

Astral travel the act of moving you perception or concious apart from you body
    can be hard at frist to master. Bit like lying on your bed but part of you is wandering arround in the kitchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Thaed wrote:
    can be hard at frist to master
    Yeah, I've only been trying on and off for 15 years, and still don't quite have the knack :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

Thanks very much, that is really interesting. I haven't as such consciously attempted to do astral projection, but it has happened to me, the first time I was aware of this was about five years ago, my mind woke up, but 'I' wasn't there, until a couple of seconds later, I felt my spirit come into my body and then I was there, it sounds weird and it felt weird at the time, but I have no idea where I went. I've become very interested because lately my journeying is becoming stronger, at the moment I go off somewhere, and observe people, and then sometimes these events take place in 'real' time, is the only expression I can think of to use. I often wonder does this explain deja vu. I've never tried to journeying consciously, purely because I don't know enough about it, or where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

McGinty wrote:
    I often wonder does this explain deja vu.
    Personally I'm sure that many, but probably not all, cases of déjà vu are such half-remembered premonitions while sleeping, having sometimes had the déjà vu first and then later better remembered the premonition.

The annoying bit is how uselessly trivial the premonition is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Rothen

NeilJ wrote:
    In this journey we were led to the crystal world. Neil

What? Explain more please?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

There are many differnet places you can go to when journeying. Different planes or whatever you want to call them. Some people would say that everywhere you go is part of the Astral Plane and that if your somewhere different then it's kinda like being in a differnt country on the same continent or planet. In that particular workshop we were told we were going to the realm or plane of Crystals and the Crystal people. Sounds really fluffy but was quite interesting and everyone who successfully journeyed had a very personal experience from it. Everything was shiny and made of crystal although the people I saw there looked relatively normal.

Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Rothen

NeilJ wrote:
    There are many differnet places you can go to when journeying. Different planes or whatever you want to call them. Some people would say that everywhere you go is part of the Astral Plane and that if your somewhere different then it's kinda like being in a differnt country on the same continent or planet.

Neil

:D I didnt need an explanation for this bit...just the world of crystals

Advertisement