Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taizè

Options
  • 29-03-2005 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

I've just arrived home from a small french alpine town called Taizè. It is a community where all Christians, and other religions, really (including and especially Aetheism) can live in unison and perfect harmony. It was started by a now 90 year old man named brother Roger in 1946. More information: http://www.taizecommunitee.com

A|nyway, point is, I went with a group of 28 people, most of whom aetheists and jocks, and everyone there said it was amazing, a unique and indescribeable experience. It really changes people. CTYI, in all its greatness, isn't a patch on Taize. I just thought I'd ask if anyones been, and urge anyone over 17 to go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Dead link. Sounds interesting though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

We learned about that in Religion, it ddin't seem like the was anythnig atheistic at all about it, but then again we are pretty much taught a Christian syllabus.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Was just looking through my brother's photographs of the trip. You're in one of them, Colm.

On a more on-topic note, Taize does sound really cool from what said brother has told me of it. (Note: I know he's not an atheist, and I'm pretty sure he's not a jock :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

Sounds pretty cool. Nice to know people of all religions get along SOMEWHERE in the world. So far my knowledge of Taize has been confined to my not-quite-sane great uncle who happens to be a priest playing Taize music at family gatherings. Its... churchy. Nice, in a holy kinda way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Raphael wrote:
    Dead link. Sounds interesting though
    http://www.taize.fr/en

• Advertisement
Advertisement