Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Oasis single has leaked!

Options
  • 29-03-2005 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

'Lyla' sounds great, it was played on some polish radio station or something. Great to see the lads back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Edit: There was a link here to the track but it obviously took too many hits and is dead now, I'm sure if you google you'll find it anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

whee nothing like free publicity.
    looks like having your songs plastered online is the new "getting caught with a noseful of coke and a hooker in central london" before a release...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

It sounds ok

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah not bad. Very retro.

B.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

i'm sure its as rudimentary as their previous attempts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

lordgoat wrote:
    i'm sure its as rudimentary as their previous attempts
    oh shut up :rolleyes:

you're probably one of these guys who thinks HTTT is radioheads best album but if you weren't so blind syou'd realise most of it is boring, tuneless rrubbish.
    Oasis just play great songs, sure they're no Mozarts, but they make great music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I am a radiohead fan, I'm not blind, HTTT is a good album, not a great album, I'm also not deaf and that lyla single is muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Has this link been removed already?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Plus the fact that he hasn't even listened to it! :rolleyes:

B.

Aye, looks like it's gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Has anyone got another link please ?

Trust me man, you don't want it! It's generic Oasis warbling!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Kone wrote:
    Trust me man, you don't want it! It's generic Oasis warbling!

Thanks but i would prefer to make up my own mind.

One man's Picasso is another man's old rubbish :)

Fair enough man, pm me....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

not bad, version i heard was from a french radio station or something, this the only version circulating?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

after listening to about a minute and a half of it i had to turn it off, its a bland as much of their previous efforts, and i've pretty much disliked oasis from the beginning, and due to a lack of change in their music since the mid90's when they were new(ish) in my mind they've done nothing for music in a decade and are still ****... happy days of slane watching them get boo-ed off stage and flying runners...

bazH wrote:
    not bad, version i heard was from a french radio station or something, this the only version circulating?

So far, yes, there was supposed to be a world exclusive on radio1 on tuesday but this polish guy seems to have jumped the gun a bit.

Personally I like the song, I think its a better opener than the hindu times was because its more fun and is very catchy.

Oasis>>>>>>>>kone :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like it alot. I think its a grower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Lads,

can anybody provide a new link or email the mp3 to me please?

Ta ta

Personally I like the song, I think its a better opener than the hindu times was because its more fun and is very catchy.

Oasis>>>>>>>>kone :cool:

:p

Different strokes......

• Advertisement

EDIT: fine :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Nice one, thanks for the link, got it now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

heard it as well.

oasis...meh.

surprised this thread hasnt been locked and closed with all these links to illegaly leaked coprighted material. post up some decent links to other stuff quick!

Aye, it's disgraceful all this illegal filesharing, totally disgraceful! :cool: Eh Bungalow Bill? :D

Not to mention it's crappy music! :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kone wrote:
    Aye, it's disgraceful all this illegal filesharing, totally disgraceful! :cool: Eh Bungalow Bill? :D

yeh it's a disgrace,

maybe would be less of a disgrace if the file in question was worth downloading

Kone wrote:

lol, I wasnt aware we weren't allowed to put up links, but i'm too lazy to take it down so, meh..

Ignorance of the law is no excuse buddy! Watch out for Cloud! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

its fairly boring alright. can't imagine how these guys are still managing to sell out stadiums. probably more nostalgia than anything else.

their music just sounds dated now. having said that they always have one track that's worth listening to on each new album.

quarryman wrote:
    its fairly boring alright. can't imagine how these guys are still managing to sell out stadiums. probably more nostalgia than anything else.

their music just sounds dated now. having said that they always have one track that's worth listening to on each new album.

Well look at Status Quo, nowt but 3 chords and a load of coke, and they still sell out gigs!

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote:

Its a grower, give it a chance. Nostalgia isnt a factor here at all. Can you name any other band that still sells out loads of stadiums based an a few albums about eight years ago.
    For pixies and the like it was different as they were reunion tours.
    People do like the last few albums but Definitly maybe and WTSMG? are hard to match. Oasis are still very much loved, particularly in britain.

Advertisement