Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Speeds

• 29-03-2005 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭

OK Maybe a stupid question. IOL are currently advertising Broadband download at Quote from IOL Website "It is also much faster than conventional Internet Access offering speeds of up to 512K, compared with the conventional 56K available over your normal Internet connection. This means much faster download times, web browsing & improved audio and video streams." End quote. When I download I have never seen the download speed go above 55k. I know this could have somthing to do with the ammount of people downloading the same file or the ammount of people signed in or even the quality of my line but is there any way I can check my connection to see how fast I can get or is 55k pretty average?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement