Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marshal Stars. Director. Delorentos free gig.

Options
  • 29-03-2005 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

The Delorentos have been added to the bill in Voodoo Lounge this friday night April 1st 8pm.
    Anyone wanting to catch them and The Marshal Stars and Director for free Just mail info@lupusmusicmanagement.com with your name and we'll stick you on the guest list.
    Cheers
    Lupus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

lupus wrote:
    The Delorentos have been added to the bill in Voodoo Lounge this friday night April 1st 8pm.
    Anyone wanting to catch them and The Marshal Stars and Director for free Just mail info@lupusmusicmanagement.com with your name and we'll stick you on the guest list.
    Cheers
    Lupus

"...right, yes, and how much are you charging for this free weekend?"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Bob Sakamano

out of my way jerk face im so there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lupus

Who ever sends me their name for the guest list will be on it. It is €5.00 in otherwise if that was your question. The bands are more interested in playing to people who would like to be there than making a fiver and so have adopted a policy of allowing fans, who send their names in, a place on the guest list. Pretty simple really.
    Hope to see you there!
    Lupus

info@lupusmusicmanagement.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I wasn't being cheeky. I was just quoting some Simpsons. :(

sorry.

lupus wrote:
    Who ever sends me their name for the guest list will be on it. It is €5.00 in otherwise if that was your question. The bands are more interested in playing to people who would like to be there than making a fiver and so have adopted a policy of allowing fans, who send their names in, a place on the guest list. Pretty simple really.
    Hope to see you there!
    Lupus

info@lupusmusicmanagement.com

Rock Stars is there anything they don't know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Just back from the gig and now for my 2c for what it's worth!

Delorentos...
    They bored me. There was nothing about the music that stood out at all. Good musicians, very tight band and good vocals but the songs themselves did nothing for me.

Director...
    Same as above but with slightly better music.

Marshal Stars...
    A lot more enjoyable than the other 2 bands. Songs were a lot more catchy. There was something quite Beatles-like about a couple of songs. I really liked the first and last songs but I don't know what they were called. They just got up, played and left. No crowd interaction and no song introductions.

Overall it was an alright night.

BS Sandy!!!! Just back from the gig myself best two Irish bands ive seen in a long while. Director particularly impressed me. They re like a Weezer, Divine Comedy Strokes mix pure class. The guitarist from MS is excellent. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 garypope

wasn't at the gig, but i saw delerentos at the NSMA's on thursday and they were amazing, i doubt they were boring.
    would've liked to be at this, great lineup, all the bands are apparently pretty great.

Guys, what I posted was only MY opinion. I didn't say the bands were crap, just that the music isn't what I'm into. So I don't feel the same as you do...deal with it!
    And Bob, spell my name correctly. It's right there...you've no excuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Annoyed I missed this.
    I like Delorentos more every time I see them. And I've seen them a lot now if that's anything to go by. :)
    Director are a great band, I'd like to see them again 'cos I've only seen them two or three times.
    As for Marshal Stars....I really really like them. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea (the most common of criticisms I've heard about them is that they're bland) but personally I think they're fantastic. That's unusual about there not being any introduction or interaction between songs, I've never noticed that before at their gigs.
    Anyway, that's me done.
    xm

• Advertisement

Sorry BlandY

Cheers to everybody for the support on friday. Over 300 people sent in emails and came down on the night. Sorry you didn't enjoy yourself a bit more Sandi, most people I talked to thought the bands were on fire. Obiously I'm just a little bit biased but I think Director gave an amazing performance and The Marshal Stars played an absolute stormer. (I would say if it was a bad gig).
    Any way stay in touch.
    Lupus

It wasn't a bad gig at all! All 3 bands were good. Great vocals and very good musicians, but the songs themselves just didn't grab me. Not one song from the whole night stuck in my head. That's what I look for. Songs that have something memorable. Having said that, it was my first time seeing all 3 bands. I wouldn't mind hearing some recorded material though and see if I feel differently after that.

CD's on the way Sandi enjoy

Advertisement