Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads-up stupidity

Options
  • 29-03-2005 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

Played a $10 sit and go after losing the boards tournament and played pretty tight. Went into a heads-up situation as the chip leader and went all-in while on A6 knowing I was ahead. However, because of the way it was raised to all-in by both of us, and because of lax stupidity on my part, I left him with $70 (i had $13430).

You can tell where this is going.

Because the blinds were obviously higher than $70, he was automatically all-in after that, and his nines paired beat my A high. Same again the next hand, Aces full of 2's beats my pair of 2's.

Panic then temporarily set it and I decided to get him all-in again as soon as I had anything decent, which i did, but he easily won them. Soon he's back to 1k and nothing is falling for me whatsoever and whenever i think he's stealing blinds, he's got enough to beat me.

Anyway, you can imagine how the rest of the shameful story goes.

Dear impr0v,

You finished the tournament in 2nd place.
    A $27.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Tragic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

No one can really say anything to make you fell better mate
    but this might.
    After getting the worst cards of my life last night in the boards comp, I decided to play in the WSOP $160 Double shootout qualifier.
    6 players left on my loose table (I'm in 4th) and get Ah, 6c while dealing.
    4 runners and flop comes
    2c, Ac and Ad, 3 left and I go all in.
    2 callers.
    SB shows Qc, Jc and BB shows a pair of 2's.
    Turn comes Kc and despite some quick praying for an Ace, King or 6, river comes 8c.
    Didn't even have the 2nd best hand!

Advertisement