Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Craig Charles will be joining Corrie

• 29-03-2005 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I couldn't believe it myself Craig Charles (Lister - Red Dwarf) is joining Coronation Street.
    As rumoured all over the place, and now confirmed by Coronation Street's publicity department, Craig Charles will be joining the show's regular cast for filming very shortly, on a three-month initial contract.

Corrie On Craig

His arrival - which will hit ITV1 in June of this year - will be as new character Lloyd Bowen, who's apparently going to buy a half-share in the local cab firm Street Cars from series regular Dev. This puts him in business with Steve McDonald. And if it sounds like we're just reading this off a press release, well, tough. The last time we saw Coronation Street, Ken Barlow was one of the most dynamic and interesting characters in British drama. Probably.

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭SteM

Eh, this doesn't really surprise me. It doesn't seem like the RD movie's gonna be made any time soon and the guy has to work. He's obviously not too picky about what he'll do - he's in The Games on C4 at the moment and he's presented Robot Wars in the past for Bod's sake. Corrie will be a step up for him compared to what he's up to at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It's not that hard to believe. It's not as if he's a good actor or has a good career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

gandalf and lister?

who next...

/me wonders what the plot willl go like :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RedBranchKnight

As well as Ian McKellenwho is booked for 10 episodes as a famous author, other recent guest stars have included Peter Kaye, Norman Wisdom and Honor Blackman.

Seems Corrie likes these cameos and the actors involved have all expressed long held affection for the soap.
    Craig Charles career has dived after RedDwarf mainly due to his trial for rape. Although found not guilty the evidence revealled that he was perhaps not the nicest man in the world....and it looks as if casting directors stayed clear of him.
    A few months ago I saw him on a celebrity edition of "The Weakest Link" which all featured as Anne Robinson kept reminding them, has beens from the 1990s.
    Other guests included Linda Robson (Birds of A feather) and Norman Pace (one half of Hale & Pace)...personally i found it a bit demeaning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Craig Charles also appears in Dream Team from time to time as a scummy football agent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

Holy smeg, Batman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Chris Barrie in Corrie, that'd be good, cos his surname ryhmes with Corrie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Chalk wrote:
    gandalf and lister?

who next...

/me wonders what the plot willl go like :rolleyes:

Aah, but corrie isn't just sucking up all the British sci-fi actors, it is always giving someone back.

Bruno Langley (Todd) is going to be in a couple of eps of Dr Who.

Advertisement