Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6600gt pci-e passive cooling

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Have you your heart set on passive cooling? I'm gonna be getting a 6600GT PCI-E card aswell. Did a bit of digging into coolers for it and I'm gonna go with either the Artic Cooling Rev.2 nVidia 6 VGA Silencer or the Zalman VF700-CU Quiet Copper VGA Silencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

aaf wrote:
    or the Zalman VF700-CU Quiet Copper VGA Silencer.

i think the Zalman cooler will go onto an AGP 6600gt aswell, just a little more awkwardly. was reading it last night somewhere. the only difference is that the AGP HS has to be separate from the GPU HSF.

i'll post the link when i find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

please post link qman, would be appreciated...

I was due to get the Zalman VF700-CU from jes, but stock is out and has been for about a month. Looked into the Artic Cooling Rev.2 nVidia 6 VGA Silencer aswell, but I have a case fan in side panel and would blow straight onto the passive zalman like the optional fan you can get for it.

Just want to make the pc as quiet as possible :)
    it's pretty good so far, but gfx card is a bit louder than the other fans,
    but for a standard gfx hsf, i must say, it's very quiet, much better than my old 9600xt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The artic cooling fans r silent, i had one on my 9800pro n couldn't hear it on the low speed setting... It was a hell of alot quiter that the fan on my 6600gt..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Sorry to post off topic but what sort of core speeds and memory speeds are you getting with that arctic cooler unklerosco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

4Xcut wrote:
    Sorry to post off topic but what sort of core speeds and memory speeds are you getting with that arctic cooler unklerosco

U talking bout the 9800pro??? I dont have one on my 6600gt, they haven't made one for the AGP version. As it is on the Std cooler I get 585mhz, although i've seen them @ 600Mhz. Might watercool it n see what i get, trying to sell it at the mo so don't want to touch it till i decide what im gonna do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Was talkin' bout the 6600GT, but thanx.

Advertisement