Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

whats a clean license ?

Options
  • 30-03-2005 4:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

Just wondering cause ive 2 points on mine for speeding would that be considered not clean ? or is it like endorsements etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

For job purposes? I'd say points are OK. An employer wonders about full, clean licence because their company insurance won't cover provisional/convicted/endorsed drivers. Penalty points usually doesn't affect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

seamus wrote:
    For job purposes? I'd say points are OK. An employer wonders about full, clean licence because their company insurance won't cover provisional/convicted/endorsed drivers. Penalty points usually doesn't affect it.

IMO I would say that a clean licence would include not having any penalty points as well as other endorsments. If it is a requirement to drive as part of the job then more than likely points on your licence for speeding have to be taken into consideration. What is to say you clock up 12 points for speeding in 6 months, what good are you to your company if you are banned from driving? Plus I'm sure that the higher price of insurance for your employer to pay would also be a factor even with 2 points on your licence.

That is my understanding anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Kristok wrote:
    Just wondering cause ive 2 points on mine for speeding would that be considered not clean ? or is it like endorsements etc ?

usually mean no points for insurance quote ,but doesn't matter about points for a job interview....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

bazz26 wrote:
    Plus I'm sure that the higher price of insurance for your employer to pay would also be a factor even with 2 points on your licence.
    Are any insurers penalising for just having points? Even Hibernian don't penalise until after 6 (although the skeptics among us would argue that giving those with none a reduced bonus premium is penalising those who have some).

Back before points, the same "Full, clean licence" term was used, so if I was applying for a job, I would assume that it means the same now as it did then - I have even seen jobs specs specifically saying, "you must have a full, clean licence, with no penalty points".

Advertisement