Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners competitions, advice required.

Options
  • 30-03-2005 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭

Hi all, first post on here so go easy on the newbie!

I'm looking to get involved in playing in poker tournaments but, as I am a beginner, I would prefer to play with other beginners or at tournaments that don't cost a lot to get into - and that won't mind the occassional mistake.

Is there a list of tournaments etc... or what's coming up or what happens every week that someone can post on here so I can take a look at it and get involved?

Thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

What part of the country are you in?

Devore has a calendar listing events within ireland check it outhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

podgeen wrote:

In Dublin pal.

podgeen wrote:

Thanks for the info mhate.

What would be a good event to start at?

Do they mind novices playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Yea me too I have recently got into playing poker online (play money) and find it really interesting (I know its nothing like real money) but I entered a student competition about a month ago where there were 270 people at it I got down to the last 20 but then got knocked out, I would consider myself a tight player and have read quiet a bit about strategies online but I was wondering which site would even be the best to start off playing tournaments on or even if the boards league is an open league or do I have to wait till the start of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Have a look at this thread for ideas in what to do when starting.

The boards online league on Pokerstars is open to anyone (Found in private tourney section). 10$ +1$ per tournament every tuesday and Sunday at 7pm but 20$+2$ for the Sunday end of month game. This month that 20$ game is next week due to some problems with last weeks game. Password at the moment for these is 'bubble'. Also keep an eye on this thread if you're interested in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭POKERKING

you should play in the vc poker pub challenges its great for newbies 10€ in freezeout great tournamet experience!next one is tonight in tallaght in the old mill pub!try also poker.ie they have a list of alot of small re-buy tournamnets in dublin 20€ ticket which is a good start not very strict on etiquette its good practice before playing in the fitz or the merrion!

POKERKING wrote:
    you should play in the vc poker pub challenges its great for newbies 10€ in freezeout great tournamet experience!next one is tonight in tallaght in the old mill pub!try also poker.ie they have a list of alot of small re-buy tournamnets in dublin 20€ ticket which is a good start not very strict on etiquette its good practice before playing in the fitz or the merrion!

Cheers mhate!

Is there a list anywhere where other VC Pub Poker Challenges are on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭OhPinchy

hi Pokerking - what time is it on in the Old Mill tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

7.30 kicked off at 8 last night but they had to turn folk away as it was full.

Advertisement