Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Billing

• 30-03-2005 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Anyone else get one of these?

No Action required Notification of Missed Billing by UTV Internet for July 2004

UTV Internet has discovered that your payment for Broadband services (including telephone calls) was not processed for July 2004. This payment should have been processed during August 2004.

This is to inform you that we will be processing your payment on Tuesday 5th April. The full breakdown for the subscription and calls for July 2004 is available through your online account at http://u.tv/csie

We will debit the amount automatically, you do not need to do anything for this to happen successfully. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may cause. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1890 927190 (9am-5pm) should you have any queries.

Kind Regards

UTV Internet Billing Department

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Scottish wrote:
    Anyone else get one of these?

No Action required Notification of Missed Billing by UTV Internet for July 2004............

We will debit the amount automatically, you do not need to do anything for this to happen successfully. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may cause. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1890 927190 (9am-5pm) should you have any queries.

Kind Regards

UTV Internet Billing Department

Yes indeed! :mad: It seems incredible to me that any reputable accounting system could allow this to happen. Surely any non payment or non receipt should have been carried over into the next month? And surely customers are entitled to some explanation as to how this could have happened and be let run for 9 months?

The timing of the email seems very cynical to me as well - it was sent at 17.06 (their email says you can call them up to 5pm) and in advance of the banks being closed for a long weekend!!!!

And as usual with all this type of stuff there is no 'name' to contact. The email issued from 'automated@u.tv' so you cannot reply to that.

I have written to them formally withdrawing my dd authorisation for this payment until I get clarification on this. I got the usual ticket number back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 flop71

Yes i got one of these two even though i paid my bill, I phoned the number yesterday and to-day and it just rang out, then i spent 25mins in hold to the "regular" billing department and was told the person dealing with that is out so i left my details and am awaiting a phone call. (not holding my breath though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This happened to me months ago.. I pay by CC so it's all automatic, but one day I was checking through the a/c history and I discovered that there were a lot of calls that I'd made missing... turns out that between themselves & esat (suprisingly) they'd "lost" these, and both tried to blame it on the other, but UTV were very quick to bill me for the lot in one go once they corrected their mistake :(

This happened with O2 too last summer as a lot of people might remember (I got 3 bills in 6 weeks) - I don't mind payin for the calls I make, but it's hardly MY fault that UTV/O2 can't run their billing departments right, and CIE style "we apologise for any inconvienience caused" apologies didn't help!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Whats all this about? People getting billed now because they did not get billed previously? And ye are giving out cause ye have to pay now?

That what your saying ya?

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 flop71

Sully04 wrote:
    Whats all this about? People getting billed now because they did not get billed previously? And ye are giving out cause ye have to pay now?

- Sully

I guess you never read my post then?
    flop71 wrote:
    Yes i got one of these even though i paid my bill

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sully04 wrote:

- Sully

Noone objects to paying what they owe (usuallly:) What is questionable in this case is UTV's billing system - how can an amount not be collected (that's it if wasn't) and not show up for nine months? Customers are entitled to some sort of explanation when this type of thing happens. The timing of the email is also questionable - 5 minutes after the area responsible for it shut down!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dub45 wrote:
    Noone objects to paying what they owe (usuallly:) What is questionable in this case is UTV's billing system - how can an amount not be collected (that's it if wasn't) and not show up for nine months? Customers are entitled to some sort of explanation when this type of thing happens. The timing of the email is also questionable - 5 minutes after the area responsible for it shut down!!!

Sure what does it matter (just curious)? You gotta pay it. And what area closed down? *lost*

Did nobody not notice they had gone months without being billed? Bring it up to UTV?!

- Sully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

im constantly getting notices like this. They seem to have forgotten how to work the direct debit I filled in the form for. Always requesting cheques. Bloody annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Sully04 wrote:
    Sure what does it matter (just curious)? You gotta pay it.
    Well obviously people owe them the money but people budget on spending a certain amount of money on things and may end up being very very tight for cash if a company suddenly tries to charge them for a nine month old bill.
    And what area closed down? *lost*
    Did you read the thread at all??? The automated e-mail was sent at 17.06, 5 minutes after their billing phone lines close.
    Did nobody not notice they had gone months without being billed? Bring it up to UTV?!
    I believe the person in question was not billed for ONE MONTH and then billed for it 9 months later. Also, it's quite easy to lose track of a UTV payment as many people have them taken directly from their Laser card.

Well obviously people owe them the money but people budget on spending a certain amount of money on things and may end up being very very tight for cash if a company suddenly tries to charge them for a nine month old bill.

Did you read the thread at all??? The automated e-mail was sent at 17.06, 5 minutes after their billing phone lines close.

I believe the person in question was not billed for ONE MONTH and then billed for it 9 months later. Also, it's quite easy to lose track of a UTV payment as many people have them taken directly from their Laser card.

OK ok I get the jist now :P

- Sully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

Has anyone confirmed that the DD was never taken for Jul 04 or confirmed that it was even ?

Im just about to start checking my online banking but not sure if it has that much history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mancman

dub45 wrote:

I have to agree with Sully on this one, in regards to your post dub45, I'll bet you checked your bank statement on the dates provided and noticed no payment to UTV in August at the time and said nothing to them and merely passed it off as a mishap.

As with all systems it catches up on you.

In defense of that m8, you knew the money never came out so should have taken your own steps to enquire as to why this never happened.
    Please do not hesitate to call us on 1890 927190 (9am-5pm)

I go back to my main post about the majority of ya, instead of coming on here and acting the big balls...crying on here ain't gonna change a thing!

Anyone know if I can register 'devils advocate' on this forum ffs :rolleyes:

Advertisement