Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant Get Broadband

• 30-03-2005 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Recently Eircom have just enabled my exchange, Robertstown. Im on the exchange and im around 2.5Km away from it, but ive checked my line and it never passes, what the hell is wrong? Is there anything I can do or am I Doomed to this dial-up hell?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Read the 50 million other topics about this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

GaRtH_V Read the 50 million other topics about this

Very helpful :rolleyes:
    Stormfox1020 Recently Eircom have just enabled my exchange, Robertstown. Im on the exchange and im around 2.5Km away from it, but ive checked my line and it never passes, what the hell is wrong? Is there anything I can do or am I Doomed to this dial-up hell?

Ring Eircom and get them to do a proper line test. Your line mightn't be in their database yet so you will fail the online test. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Read the 50 million other topics about this

/me Slaps Garth for his ignorance of my apparent laziness.

Yea looks like ill have to give eircom a ring. So if my line isnt in their database I will fail the test? So basically the Online Line Checker is aload of ****e. Awell thats eircom for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Ring them up and quote David McRedmond to them:
    What we have done, and what we have changed is, rather than people having to pre-qualify their lines, if people place a firm order for broadband, we will our absolute utmost to make sure that they can have broadband.

When I e-mailed Mr. McRedmond to clarify this, I got a mail containing the following:
    From early March, Eircom started to make changes to the parameters and the process which will allow a much larger number of lines to pass pre-qualification tests, with the aim to reduce the test parameters on copper lines down to a test for distance in line with the limitations of the technology.

So, basically, tell them you want it, and that their line test is irrelevant (oh, and good luck ;) ).

Advertisement