Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

metallic paint touch ups?

Options
  • 30-03-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

I got a metallic green opel astra with a couple of small but noticable (to me anyway) dings in the paint due to stones etc. Is it possible get some colour coded metallic paint to cover over these little dings myself?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You can buy "paint pens" for touchups in all shades in the big motor stores.

They might even have your actual Opel shade of green as they have the branded colour for more popular cars.

G'luck

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You may be able to go to a Motor Factors and get touch up paint. I remember a couple of years ago I had to get one for the same reasons, ie chip marks on the bonnet and my local Motor Factors had the touch up paint for the exact colour and model of car. Of course these days a little pack of stickers comes with the car instead of touch up paint.

A dealer will only rip you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Metallic paint generally can't be touched up, by all accounts. I was chatting to my local repair guy who had just resprayed the bonnet and sides of my metallic silver car after he had done it. He touched up some of the little nicks that I couldn't afford to get done on the back as best he could, but it was pretty obvious where they were. I think it needs to be very evenly spread or it just doesn't work.

Advertisement