Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nirvana With The Lights Out

Options
  • 30-03-2005 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Just got this, listening to it for the first time now.

First impressions - I'm a bit disappointed tbh. I've heard most of this stuff on bootlegs and MP3's in the past and most of what I hear now doesn't sound that different - ie. the same scratchy old recordings.

There's a few 'new' tunes alright, but surly they could have spent some time cleaning them up.. if they can make thirty year old Beatles' demos sound good (Anthology), why not this stuff?

It sounds like they just grabbed the files from a P2P app. and slapped them on a CD. I could have done that myself.

..and 'With The Lights Out' is a really dreadful name. No doubt a woefully unimaginative derivative of 'Outcesticide'. The whole thing reeks of laziness.

Advertisement