Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom reps

• 30-03-2005 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭

2 girls from eircom called to our house yesterday and one of the lads in the house signed up for the free 2 month trial. We had no line connected to the house and that is why they called round. By us signing up for broadband does that mean that we will be tied up to a 12 month line rental contract or when the free trial ends can we just disconnect from them altogether. Our lease is up in 2 months also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

If you want my advice ring them cancel the order and run - now!
    if you want broadband get it wireless of irishbroadband

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

digiman wrote:
    2 girls from eircom called to our house yesterday and one of the lads in the house signed up for the free 2 month trial. We had no line connected to the house and that is why they called round. By us signing up for broadband does that mean that we will be tied up to a 12 month line rental contract or when the free trial ends can we just disconnect from them altogether. Our lease is up in 2 months also.

Did they not provide details of the full terms and conditions assocated with both the bb trial and the installation of the line? You are fully entitled to these. What exactly did the 'lad' sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

AFAIK there is a 7 day cooling off period for this type of contract. So ring them and tell them you want to cancel before that time is up. Then go and do a little research into what broadband provider you actually want and what service suits you. You might find that eircom is the best available and best suited for you but at least you know before you sign up.

1907 - "I want to cancel a broadband order please."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Eorcom reps eh?
    LOL i had a dumb blonde rep here when my area was enabled,i ordered with her and never heard a thing since.
    I ordered myself soon after over the phone.
    Maybe if your lucky you will get the same dumb rep and you will hear nothing again bout it :)

Advertisement