Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Fanclub are back! Playing Dublin & Belfast in May

Options
  • 30-03-2005 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Star Sign, Everything Flows, I Need Direction, About You, What You Do To Me, Concept, Ain't That Enough, Sparky's Dream, Alcoholiday, Mellow Doubt, World'll Be OK, Empty Space, I Don't Want Control Of You, Hang On, Did I Say, Don't Look Back, Your Love Is The Place Where I Come From, Neil Jung, Radio, Dumb Dumb Dumb, Planets, My Uptight Life…

TEENAGE FANCLUB Are Back!
    Live in Dublin & Belfast This May…

Friday, May 6th at Mandela Hall, Belfast
    Saturday, May 7th at The Village, Dublin

Brilliant Scots four-piece TEENAGE FANCLUB make a very welcome return when they release their new album, ‘Man-Made’, their first studio album since 2000’s ’Howdy!’ this May.

As well as the brand new album, the Fannies (as they’re are affectionately known to their fans) bring with them a whole bucketload of timeless songs like ‘Star Sign’, ‘I Need Direction’, ‘What You Do To Me’, and ‘Sparky’s Dream’.

Out Friday, May 13th in Ireland, ‘Man-Made’ was recorded in Chicago last year, with production duties handle by Tortoise’ John McEntire at his Soma Electronic Music Studios.

A classic Fanclub record in every sense, it is also distinguished by being the first album release on the band’s own PeMa label (distributed by Vital).

Pivotal in the development of many of today’s young gunslingers and hugely influential, Teenage Fanclub’s long awaited new album boasts more songs of wisdom, change & love. In tone and arrangement the record handsomely demonstrates the less is more maxim, being perhaps both airier and more light of touch than it’s immediate predecessors. Once again the record is equally split between Blake, Love and McGinley compositions and contains inspired musical touches and lyrical gems.

TFC kicked off their touring with a stunning intimate show at London Scala last night (Tuesday) and follow it with Glasgow’s Mitchell Theatre this Thursday night.

These are now sold out, but a full tour will now follow the release of the album, calling at:

• Belfast, Mandela Hall (May 6)
    • Dublin, The Village (May 7)
    • Leeds Cockpit (May 9)
    • Stoke Sugarmill (10)
    • Bristol Academy (11)
    • Southampton University (13)
    • Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms (14)
    • Brighton Concorde (16)
    • Oxford Zodiac (17)
    • Cambridge Junction (18)
    • Norwich Waterfront (19)
    • Sheffield Leadmill (21)
    • Birmingham Academy 2 (22)
    • Liverpool Academy 2 (23)
    • Newcastle University (25)
    • Glasgow Academy (26)
    • Edinburgh Liquid Rooms (27)
    • Perth City Hall (28)
    • Aberdeen Lemon Tree (29)
    • Manchester Academy 2 (31)
    • London Astoria (June 1)

Teenage Fanclub is: Norman Blake, Gerard Love, Francis Macdonald and Raymond McGinley.

Don’t miss your chance to see Teenage Fanclub Live in Ireland this May!

Tickets for Mandela Hall are £14 Stg (inc. booking fee) on sale now from Ticketmaster.

Tickets for The Village are 22.50 (inc. booking fee) on sale now from Road, Soundcellar, Ticketmaster, and the WaV Ticketbox at Whelans.

Advertisement