Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monaco Gran Prix

• 30-03-2005 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Anyone ever been? I'm looking to go this May, hopefully it's not too late to get tickets. I'm looking for suggestions of the best way to go about getting tickets and what packages are available. I may have accomodation in Nice available around that time but any / all information welcome, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

the roads are closed to nice during the grand prix weekend afaik. the train is good though. u can buy coke or mineral water ther for a euro, and pizza for 10 euro. avoid the 5 star hotels and its cheap as anywhere in the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

In my experience, Nice was actually more expensive (as regards eating out etc.) than Monaco. It's a very trendy and sophisticated city (surprised they allowed riff-raff like lomb about the place ;) ), but you must try the Segways, they're completely mad !! 3Billion mph down the sidewalk.

Im sure those GP packages would ride ya, ryanair used to do some relatively cheaply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

528i wrote:
    (surprised they allowed riff-raff like lomb about the place ;) .

lol, nice is actually dearer than monaco wrt eating out im not sure about hotels though i would say everything is booked solid in nice that week anyway. u can always stay up the coast, the trains are good and fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Went to Monaco in 99. Brother was living in Nice at the time, got the tickets from the Automobile Club de Monaco (ACM). Got some nice weekend ones, down at the Swimming Pool - expensive though. That time the best ones to have were facing the harbour, looking down on the S/F straight. Don't know with the new circuit layout.

Stayed with bro in Nice, got train up and down every day. Fast, regular & reasonably priced train service. Brought our own food with us, but stuff available seemed to be reasonable enough (except if bought from the people walking around the stands). Was a wonderful experience - we were there on the Wednesday too - got to walk down the pitlane as the teams were preparing the cars (its public roadway every non-race day). Got down to the paddock too, camped beside EJ's yacht for a while, got the piccie taken with him, got Irvine & MSchu to sign my programme too.

Still seeing Jordan's first win in Spa 98 was better from a sporting point of view but the real glam is in Monaco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Poutre

best place to be is on a boat , it may be expensive but it is worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Sharknose

Poutre wrote:
    best place to be is on a boat , it may be expensive but it is worth it.

IMHO, if you are in a boat you can't see over the armco.

We went there in '99, stayed in the Campanile near the Old Town in Nice (€80 per double, recently) Hotel to grandstand seat in 50 minutes taxi/train

Got tickets from Justtickets top of the stand at the swimming pool east.

Some very reasonable hotels on Monaco, but week-only full board bookings about a year in advance for GP week .

Met an EJ lookalike from Dublin in the Irish Pub.

Great weekend, go !

Advertisement