Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the difference ?

Options
  • 30-03-2005 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

So ive started ordering the various parts of my new baby .... now when it comes to the graphics card im looking at a Radeon X850XT on Komplett for Eur453.

Whats the difference between that and Radeon X850XT ? (which is Eur520)

Also im looking at getting a Asetek Waterchill , how easy/straight forward is it to connect the VGA waterblock ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Links to the parts might be useful. Maybe one is PCI-E and one AGP? Or one is a Platinum Edition (PE)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I can't see a difference myself. Mayeb the Club3d OC's better? I'm not sure how good the powercolor overclocks.
    And the more expensive one is out of stock ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

powercolor use cheaper ram, so they can afford to sell there cards a bit cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

My own personal preference of vidoe card brands are Sapphire followed by Powercolour. I've not heard too much about Club3d so cant say whether its good or not.
    You better check on the watercooling you want to get for the X850XT as they probably use a different screw mounting than normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Why dont you buy the shapphire x800xt and a simple overclock will get you to x850xt with lots of headroom left to still push it further ...and by chance i know a guy selling one thats only a couple of weeks old and never overclocked it ...with lots left on the warrenty :D:D ME

Advertisement