Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone playing EQ2?

Options
  • 30-03-2005 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

if so is it any good, and if so whats good/bad about it.......

no fanboi's please objectivity is the word of the day.

(currently downloading the free trial from fileplanet)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What are you? A glutton for punishment?

Personally I hated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i told you i cant afford to pay for a full game at the moment so im just hitting on the free trials till i find one i really like before committing the €€

does that mean that you have a copy of eq2?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

no :D

wow, your well worded and descriptive answer shed a whole lot of light on the subject thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Don't have a copy of it myself. Why don't you go play Toontown? Thats free for 30 days. :) I'd join you but they banned me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I played EQ2 for about two months. I thought it was fine. I played like 10 mins of regular everquest before uninstalling it (it was a demo), but EQ2 was quite good. In many of the game mechanisms and design it's like WoW. It has more serious graphics and potentially a more involved profession (trade) process (you have to perform actions in response to events to make stuff). No PvP option though. It's just another gaming option rather than a 'better' one.

It's definately worth a play with (especially for free!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Jag stop arsing around and pay for WoW you know it makes sense. :P

i like eq2 been playing it all weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Eq2 is pretty fun but at the higer levels it needs work as the high level content is missing to a large degree. I parked my Assassin at 40 until more content is added and went back to PS which is great fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I’ve been playing EQ2 since about a week after release, took me a bit to get into it but I'm haven a blast now. My char is a level 42 Warlock dark elf on the steamfront server, I should be 50 but I didn’t grind the levels that much

I found the key to this game is finding a good guild once u have that the game is great :) unfortunately most of the good guilds don’t recruit people under certain levels, like my own don’t recruit players under 30,

As for the crafting side, I didn't like it that much; to me it is basically stand at the crafting station and click, click, click, click, until your item is made. I might try it at a later stage.

1 thing that ruins the game are the botters that go around and camp all the named spawns so they get the good loot and then sell it on eBay. :mad:

I recommend people to try this game,

• Advertisement

at the moment im playing on lucan Dlere with a girl from canada, im level 13 or 14 sorcerer, she went summoner. i had a go at crafting last night and i have to say apart from getting the ingredients is pretty fun compared to most other crafting systems. i got up to level 8 artisan before i went to finish a few quests.

you will run into botters in most games, all i can say is beat em to it.

ive explored all of qeynos and the surrounding zones, about half of antonica, the game looks fantastic on its second lowest graphic setting, unfortunatly i dont have the beef to turn it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Hi all

Just Start playing again after a 2 month break LvL 24 Paladin on splitpaw.Starting to enjoy it again send me a tell in game If you need any help or want to group.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I thought it was far better than WOW anyway.
    not playing it anymore but i have never founf a mmo game that could hold my attention for more than a couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Iv never played it b4 but it sounds cool, and can u give me the link of where u dl it from?plz

www.fileplanet.com

you will see banner adds everywhere for the EQ2 download, however the special offer is running out this month, and fileplanet are laxidazy when it comes to giving out working cd keys. in the end i settled and went out and bought the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

There's an EQII trial on the coverdisc of the month's PC zone as well (might be on the dvd edition only tho).

Advertisement