Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decisions: Shure E2c vs. Sony EX71SL

Options
  • 30-03-2005 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

I have a broken pair of EX7s...they're good and I like them for plenty of reasons. But I do have issue with the cord material and the lack of a protective case (I just have that little 'cap' thing to put the buds into - nothing to stop the wires getting mangled; which is why mine are now broken. Only about 25dollars on eBay.

The E2cs look sweet, but they're pushing the budget. eBay makes them affordable though, and the carrying case looks very practical for minding good headphones that are made for travelling. Only issue is I'm worried I won't like them, given the prce, like they won't sit in my ear right and so forth.

Edit: I see that eBay had the Shure case for sale seperatley; would this work to hold Sonys you think?

Here's my questions:
    - Anyone upgraded from Sony to Shure; any problems in readjusting your ears? Do the Shures go even deeper (and potentially hurt more). Both have different sized ear peices. Do the non-foam ones hurt for Shure?
    - Am I stupid to pay more given the nature of using these headphones...will I be back with the same problem in 2 years time? I'm fairly careful but can't swear I won't mistreat them a bit.

Any opinions anyway?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement