Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daft Punk, Les Rythmes Digitales...anyone else?

• 30-03-2005 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    I really like Daft Punk, Les Rythmes Digitales, Air etc. Are there any other DJ's/groups that you would recommend along these lines?
    Cheers
    -Cian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Alan Braxe & Fred Falke, Cassius, and all of Les Rythmes Digitales' alter egos: Jacques Lu Cont, Thin White Duke (mostly remixes), Zoot Woman, Paper Faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Thomas Bangalter from Daft Punk produces under tons of aliases and other groups. Check out stuff by Thomas Falcon, Stardust, Da Mongoloids if you like this kind of bouncy house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Daft punk night tomorrow in Spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 hoori

mirwais, Etienne De Crecy, Motorbass (which is half etienne de crecy). dimitri from paris, alex gopher. all very french in-style (and french too come to think of it) i'll think of more in a while gotta go play football.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Super discount 1 & 2 are both good compilation albums to check out. The first stands out more so for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Phoenix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 hoori

Any Fabric Album that I have heard have a very french house sound. Fabric is a club that releases albums (like Ministry of Sound, but way less ChEEeeEEsey )
    I would recomment fabric 9 mixed by jacques lu cont (who is english) and fabric 11 by swayzak. I would stay away from the latest one (Fabric 20) released by John Digweed. There are also Fabric live albums available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

DJ Falcon.

The 2 Crydamore (sp?) mix albums are also great French house mixes.

Anything on the Roulé label

KevIRL wrote:
    DJ Falcon.

The 2 Crydamore (sp?) mix albums are also great French house mixes.

Anything on the Roulé label

Only have two tracks on the Roule label. One is "Trax on the rocks" which is brilliant, other is "spinal scratch" which is good but not quite brilliant. Both by Thomas Bangalter.

Another great mix cd is - Monsieur Dimitri's De-Luxe House of Funk (mixmag)
    (mixed obviously by Dimitri from Paris)

Tracklisting:
    1 Dimitri From Paris Free Ton Style (Monsieur D's Classique Extension)
    2 Morning Kids Free Lovin' (Original Mix)
    3 Switchblade Sisters U Love My Music
    4 Ray Mang Number One
    5 Second Crusade May The Funk Be With You
    6 Teddy G Captain Dobbey
    7 Bob Sinclar Visions Of Paradise
    8 Karma High Priestess
    9 Mondo Grosso Vibe PM (Masters At Work Crooklyn Dub)
    Remix - Masters At Work
    10 Takada Ola-le (Ashley Beedle's Sun Barrio Break Mix)
    Remix - Ashley Beedle
    11 United Future Organization Spy's Spice (Dim's Cosmic Jazz Dubstramental)
    Remix - Dimitri From Paris
    12 Cheb Khaled N'ssi N'ssi (Jamming The Casbah Mix)
    13 Brand New Heavies, The Sometimes (Monsieur D's Underground Behaviour Mix)
    14 Björk Isobel (Dim's Enchanted Forest)

- tracklist courtesy of discogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cianos wrote:
    Folks,
    I really like Daft Punk, Les Rythmes Digitales, Air etc. Are there any other DJ's/groups that you would recommend along these lines?
    Cheers
    -Cian

If you like Daft Punk and les rythmes digitales try get "jacque la cont - Fabric Live" album. Its the same guy under a different name and is alot better than any of the les rythmes digitales stuff.

Give Vitalic a go too and maybe Felix da housecat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 djhooley

jess & crabbe-big booya ep., antoine clamaran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

I'm actually a big fan of Mr. La Cont's remix of Gwen Stefani. :eek:

Bri wrote:
    I'm actually a big fan of Mr. La Cont's remix of Gwen Stefani. :eek:

:D That's okay Bri. I'm a fan of his Britney Spears remix (Breathe on Me). :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

hoori wrote:
    Any Fabric Album that I have heard have a very french house sound. Fabric is a club that releases albums (like Ministry of Sound, but way less ChEEeeEEsey )
    I would recomment fabric 9 mixed by jacques lu cont (who is english) and fabric 11 by swayzak. I would stay away from the latest one (Fabric 20) released by John Digweed. There are also Fabric live albums available.

Is this the Fabric in Farringdon in London? Great club.....I didn't know they had home-grown mixes for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Is this the Fabric in Farringdon in London? Great club.....I didn't know they had home-grown mixes for sale.

Aw mate, FabricLIVE is a savage series.

Highlights for me: DJ Spinbad, Lavelle, Jaques LuCont, Grooverider, J Majik, John Peel, Hype. Avoid Fabio's one though, disappointing imo.

/Back O/T

KevIRL wrote:
    DJ Falcon.

YES, this guy is class, as is his sister, whose name escapes me ATM.

Also check out Laurent Garnier, one of the greatest people ever in music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

I've never heard of Les Rhythmes Digitales. Do they have CDs available?

Agree on the fabric series, brilliant mixes. Another great one is Deadly Avenger. Got the Freestylers mix a few weeks ago and its pretty good too, wasnt sure at first but really grew on me. Slam is good if you like techno.

plazzTT wrote:
    :D That's okay Bri. I'm a fan of his Britney Spears remix (Breathe on Me). :o

Phew!

Yeah you gotta give Laurent Garnier a spin too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

solo1 wrote:
    I've never heard of Les Rhythmes Digitales. Do they have CDs available?

he's got two albums out, both pretty different from eachother. you've most likely heard stuff off the second one, a lot of tv ad's used some of the songs on it. pretty good, but definitely different.

where can i get DJ Falcon stuff? i saw him in melbourne and he was pretty damn good.

Am I confused? Is DJ Falcon not responsible for that cheesy Eric Pryde-style 80s dance track from a few months back...played El Mondo in Ranelagh recently too? Is his other stuff acceptable?

• Advertisement

I *think* (open to be shot down on this one) that the original "Call on Me" dance track was by Thomas Bangalter (of Daft Punk) and DJ Falcon. Eric Prydz then remixed this and released it as his own?

No idea. Just to clarify this is a different cheesy track than the 'chart-topping' track with the girls dancing prevocatively :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 djhooley

"call on me" was given to dj falcon by eric prydz on white label. it was nicked out of his bag. who ever nicked it presumed it was the follow up to "some much love to give" and started bootleggin it ,sayin it was dj falcon and banglaters new choon. does that clear it up??? on your question about other falcon choons check out his remix of cassius- la mouche. fookin wicked

"some much love to give"

That's the one I hate. Interested to hear there's good stuff behind it all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

the new "so muc love to give" is woeful.

the dj falcon and thomas bangalter wasnt to bad.

It's all relative!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Check out the Futurism compilations, they're on the City Rockers label.
    Check out the Gigolo lable
    and i think someone mentioned him before, but Felix Da Housecat is also worth a gander

Advertisement