Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java XML query

Options
  • 30-03-2005 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

I'm writing a JavaGUI that interfaces with a streaming XML server (written in perl)

Perl server is correctly streaming out XML but Java client keeps throwing up exceptions saying it can't find certain classes which ( i thought ) are part of the SDK?!

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler

Codewise, i've tried to run the example code from java.sun.com so there isn't (shouldn't be!) an issue there.. Any ideas? I'm working on an XPPro Machine with j2sdk1.4.2_07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

SAX is not an XML parser, you will need to install a parser at runtime like xerces (or indeed the one in the Sun xml kit)

have a look here

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

I had an external parser, that wasn't the issue (was using xerces at one stage in fact) it was the classes from the xml libraries that were giving me jib..

in the end it seems that my work computer had ANOTHER (older) java.exe in it's classpath as a hangover from an ealier occupant.. don't you hate those kind of problems ;)

This is where -verbose mode comes in helpfull!

Advertisement