Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB.... Sly!

• 30-03-2005 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Ok i got IBB 2MB in about 3 weeks ago and so far it is a excellent service and i have no problems with it at all.... Thats the connection!

Now onto Customer Service....

I work part-time and yesterday morning i decided to go into town on a little shopping trip with a friend and then go and then to go see a movie in the UGC. So at about 9am i checked my current account bank balance and it was 246 EURO, So Happy Days and off i went into town.
    I get to the Bank Machine and went to withdraw some cash only to be told i had not enoght money in my account. I near shat myself!

I (panicing) called up BOI and asked the what the Craic was only to be told it was a comfy 240 euro Direct Debit taken by the wonderful Irish Broadband!

I had NO warning of this at all! WIth O2 your sent a bill and a date that it will be taken from your account, the same with eircom, Smart, Digiweb even my feckin GYM lets me know 2 weeks in advance! So why not Irish Broadband!

Would it KILL them so much to send out a letter a few days before taking a rather hefty sum of money outta someones account? If im paying 240 euro to them the least they can do is spare 40cent stamp and a page!

Anyway so having to take a overdraft and filled with rage i somehow managed to enjoy the rest of my day. So i get home and open my e-mail.... Normally i never check the SPAM section cos its normally, eh spam?!
    For some reason i did last night tho only to reveal a E-mail from Irish Broadband! With no Subject, No Writing in it just an attached file. I opened it only to reveal an invoice and Even still it had no date for the Direct Debit.
    I called up IBB and there customer servce manager is gonna call me back.... I plan on making him cry for the **** he put my through yesterday.

So to sum it up IBB SUCKS because they take their money whenever they feel without giving the customer any proper notice of the Date!

RANT OVER!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

no they send an e_mail to the address you give from the appliction form check that address.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

This is the mail I get with an invoice attached, subject is telling me it's an invoice.
    They take the money out the same time every month.

Wtf is the story with the 240 quid???? Is that just for 2Mb?

Sales Invoice SIN000000 from Irish Broadband

Email: support@irishbroadband.ie
    Web: www.irishbroadband.ie

Burton Court
    Burton Hall Road
    Sandyford Industrial Estate
    D18

Tel: 481 8400
    Fax: 481 8401

The following is a digital signature that is unique to your invoice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Should have been:-

€149 installation
    €48 first month

Total:- €197

rounded €200.00

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

Under cover what was the date IBB sent the email on?

You wont have any arguement against them as it is your responsibility to check your email. It is not IBB's fault that your email software marked the email they sent as spam and you only read it after they took the money.

BTW I know how it feels about over zealous spam software any email I send from my work addy to my home addy used to get marked as spam.

Tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

I've only once received an email from them and that was to confirm receipt of my application and say there was a five week backlog with installations. Never received a single invoice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭enigma_b17

Drapper wrote:
    Should have been:-

€149 installation
    €48 first month

Total:- €197

rounded €200.00

:-)

erm if that is true, that means hes gettin a 2meg service for the same price im paying for an extremely unlreiable "1meg" service :|

very disturbing indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

probably on the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

tbh i think you are over-reacting a tad. chill

Advertisement