Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Sheen for NUI, Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Robbo wrote: »
    He disappeared up the river one day on a mission to terminate a department head who'd gone native.

The horror, the horror.

Man, I'd pay big bucks to see helicopters flying in to the tune of Ride of the Valkyries and blasting the fcuk outta Menlo! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

tariqbutt wrote: »
    So what happened? Is he still at college or has he dropped out?

Wiki:

After the end of filming of The West Wing, Sheen announced plans to further his education: "My plan is to read English literature, philosophy and theology in Galway, Republic of Ireland, where my late mother came from and where I'm also a citizen".[9] Speaking after an honorary arts doctorate was conferred on him by the National University of Ireland, Sheen joked that he would be the "oldest undergraduate" at the National University of Ireland (NUI), Galway when he started his full-time studies there in the autumn of 2006. Although expressing concern that he might be a "distraction" to other students at NUIG, he attended lectures like everyone else. Speaking the week after filming his last episode of The West Wing, he said, "I'm very serious about it." He once said, "I never went to college when I was young and am looking forward to giving it a try... at age 65!"[10] On September 1, 2006, Sheen was among the first to register as a student at NUI Galway.[11] He left the University after completing a semester.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Anyone in particular? :pac:
    According to popular graffiti, either <snip>, <snip> or Tit Loving Murt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nievus89

yeah he left after one semester..i was in first year philosophy with him..was pretty cool just seeing him in lectures and in the hallways and stuff!

Advertisement