Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buying car as none Irish citizen

Options
  • 30-03-2005 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

well what to say, I`m not Irish (but from EU) , I live here 6 months, and I`m going to buy a car here.

Does somebody have experience with this,
    are there any problems,
    what papers do I need

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

N0One wrote:

well what to say, I`m not Irish (but from EU) , I live here 6 months, and I`m going to buy a car here.

are there any problems,
    what papers do I need

cheers

i think getting the credit would be more of an issue , you don't need any papers to buy a car with cash...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just buy a second hand one with cash. Don't forget, we drive on the other side too;) Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As long as you have an address (if looking for bank loan etc) or some money you can buy a car! :)

Mike.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

N0One wrote:

are there any problems,
    what papers do I need

cheers

do you have a full driving licence?
    all you need to do is have the details of the car you are buying, call an insurance company (look around as they all will charge you a different amount)
    when you've picked your insurance company, give them the car details, pay for your insurance, et voila, collect your car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 N0One

thanks for replay...
    I have driving license 8 years, in my country everybody have to pass exam before driving on road, thx Beruthiel its good idea to get quote from insurance companies then collecting the car.
    thx again

• Advertisement
Advertisement