Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone looking Forward to Chaos Theory

• 30-03-2005 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭

Im really looking forward to the new Splinter Cell Game "Chaos Theory". Does anyone know when its due to be released, I seen a couple of screenshots for the game and it looks so good!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Due out Friday as far as I know.
    Looking forward to it.
    Only bought the very first one, and didnt buy any other the others... they seemed too much of the same thing.
    This one seems to have lots more going for it... and is getting great reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm looking forward to this but looks like the Xbox version is should be a good bit better. http://ps2.ign.com/articles/598/598717p1.html

"the levels have been reworked from the Xbox version to accommodate the PS2 hardware. The larger environments have been broken down into more claustrophobic hallways and small rooms." "the smaller environments offer fewer alternate pathways and light sources that dramatically cut down on the strategy and replay value of the game."

"The Xbox and PC version of Chaos Theory could certainly go up against the likes of Snake Eater. However, the truncated levels of the PS2 version leave the game lagging behind Hideo Kojima's classic."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I'm looking forward to this but looks like the Xbox version is should be a good bit better. http://ps2.ign.com/articles/598/598717p1.html

"the levels have been reworked from the Xbox version to accommodate the PS2 hardware. The larger environments have been broken down into more claustrophobic hallways and small rooms." "the smaller environments offer fewer alternate pathways and light sources that dramatically cut down on the strategy and replay value of the game."

"The Xbox and PC version of Chaos Theory could certainly go up against the likes of Snake Eater. However, the truncated levels of the PS2 version leave the game lagging behind Hideo Kojima's classic."

I completed the 1st Spinter Cell on the Ps2, and only played it once more after that.
    It's replay value was terrible.... but I still really enjoyed played it.
    I think the two player and co-op mode will greatly enhance the new version.

(I started on the first of the Rainbox Six series on PC years ago and still play them today... best replay value of any game I've played)

Advertisement