Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antec 380W PSU + Skt 939

Options
  • 30-03-2005 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

I'm building a skt 939 pc for a mate. I can get an Antec Sonata Piano Black Quiet Case - 380W TruePower Silent PSU for cheap and was wondering if the PSU that comes with the case can be used to power the 939 motherboard (probably a Gigabyte K8NF-9) and PCI-E graphics card. I know I'd need some converters (would they come with the motherboard?). Or should I just get a case + ATX ver 2 PSU? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Most PCI-E 939 motherboard will work ok with a 20pin adapter and dont need a 24 pin adapter if the case doesn't come with it and depending on the graphics card you might not need extra power going to the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Anyone else hooked up this PSU to their PCI-E motherboard or graphics card?

Advertisement