Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 bed house for €5,000 in Ireland!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

:eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.daft.ie/123098

I dont know what to say.

i wouldnt pay 10 cents for it

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

What's the catch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Metallicababe

and you can get a mortgage on it for E17pm, wow lets buy a dozen

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

this was for sale a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

L5 wrote:
    i wouldnt pay 10 cents for it
    Then you are a moron my friend.

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    Then you are a moron my friend.
    :rolleyes:

blah wrote:
    What's the catch?

what do you mean what's the catch? Did you even look at the photo of it?

It must be in a really, really bad area. Surely you wouldn't even get a site for that price.

FX Meister wrote:
    It must be in a really, really bad area. Surely you wouldn't even get a site for that price.

exactly, which is why i wouldnt pay anything for it. Yet you call me a moron :rolleyes: . Its obviously in some kind of ghetto , its burned out, and id say if you spend money rebuilding it, it would be burned out again. Probably an ex house of a drug dealer or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollyantic

Probably next door to the Keane's of Limerick :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

I'm sorry but i wouldn't pay for that... i'm with L5 on this one,
    it looks council(ish) if they really wanted to sell then the coulcil would buy it off them unless it wasn't fit for living in!!

*Page* wrote:
    I'm sorry but i would pay for that... i'm with L5 on this one,
    it looks council(ish) if they really wanted to sell then the coulcil would buy it off them unless it wasn't fit for living in!!
    L5 said he wouldn't pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

pollyantic wrote:
    Probably next door to the Keane's of Limerick :)

Well its the same estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

and so did i FX..
    i wouldn't pay for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

lads, do a search in google news for O' Malley Park and you'll see why its so cheap!

*Page* wrote:
    and so did i FX..
    i wouldn't pay for that!
    I guess you made a typo, you said you would pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Well obviously someone has money to burn - literally :D - the daft.ie site says that it has been sold.

It might not be a bad investment. Who knows what will be there in 20 years time. It's not that much to pay for it and you won't need a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

good buy MAYBE,u guys arent looking at the downsides and their are MANY, i reakon in 20 years it will be worth allot more. only thing is the council may legally force the owner to rebuild it NOW. any injuries that take place in the property even by tresspasser kids and the owner might be liable also anyone who knows about the building trade knows no builder wants to touch repair of terraced houses as next door claim their property has been damged by works next door. id say the owner collected the insurance and made on it and literally the downsides of liability ARE alot more than 5 grand.

FX Meister wrote:
    you won't need a mortgage.

u cant mortgage that property even a house with defective foundations and slight subsidence CANNOT be mortaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

lomb wrote:
    u cant mortgage that property even a house with defective foundations and slight subsidence CANNOT be mortaged.
    Well thay can but the bank isn't going to give you very generous terms.

Usually every site is worth something although this site is probably worth very little.

Victor wrote:
    Well thay can but the bank isn't going to give you very generous terms.

Usually every site is worth something although this site is probably worth very little.

u are indeed correct i missed that one, the site indeed can be mortgaged :D

id say the owner wants rid of it due to the potential liabilities associated with it more than getting 5 grand for it.

lomb wrote:
    It's 5 grand, who is going to go to the hassle of a mortgage for 5 grand?Who says the house has defective foundations or subsidence? I'm sure it's a sound enough house except for the state it's in.

FX Meister wrote:
    It's 5 grand, who is going to go to the hassle of a mortgage for 5 grand?Who says the house has defective foundations or subsidence? I'm sure it's a sound enough house except for the state it's in.

the 5 grand is irrelevent imo. i was just stating mortgaging would be very difficult/ impossible.

dont u accept the potential liabilities are alot more than just 5 grand and even if u were given it for free u may not want it?

Advertisement