Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gear stick knob?

Options
  • 30-03-2005 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

hehehe i said Knob :D

Anyway I have a 01 nissan Primera and the gear knob needs to be replaced. The plastic thing that indicates the gears came off and is now lost. its uncomfortable without it as there is a big gaping hole.

Anyway i got a universal fit one but it came loose after a few mins all the time so took it back. Dont want to get a more expensive universal one and am not paying the €80 Nissan charge for one, the girl could not believe it was so expensive..

So anyone have one or know where i can get one for under €40?? I could try scrap yards but that will be tedious work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Great sig :D yes i have tried Ebay.. only flashing light type ones or ones for sporty cars.. not very fitting in a saloon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Assuming you cannot find one in a scrap yard.

This item can screw off/on I'll assume. If so, take it to a nut & volt shop where the 'experts' can identify and spec the thread for you. eg, M10 x 1.5mm.
    Then obtain whatever you want at your local motor factor or on-line.
    see; knobs

If the threads of the new one are a little oversized/loose, apply a dab of low or medium strength Loctite threadlocker or 2 part adhesive. and let it sit in the heat for a few hours to set.

I have a shift knob with electrical switches in it about here somewhere. I had a plan to put a rear facing air horn on it for backing up, but the car "passed away" before I got " a round tuit".

and if the worst comes to the worst, glue a € coin or SS washer over the "gaping hole" you described.

Advertisement