Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellewstown GC

Options
  • 30-03-2005 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have played or know of anyone who has played Bellewstown GC. Im living in Drogheda and only last week on my way down the old Dublin Road noticed the sign for it. Now either I need to get my eyesight checked or the sign was never there before.

So basically any word on what the course is like? how much are the green fees? How much is membership? any help would be appreciated. I am planning on trying to drop in over the weekend and get some info so I will let you all know if no one has any info.

Cheers
    Ciaran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dypso

well ciaran

i live in duleek right beside bellewstown. and yes it does exist i played the front nine and no many who played 18. without doubt the hilliest course in the country i near collapsed after the front nine and the back nine is worse. in places it is very open but the greens are of an excellent standard. a bit wet but for a new course thats expected.

2 brothers designed and built it themself on farmland left over after a cull. bse i think. no clubhouse yet but one is planned using huts at the moment. it is cheap enough under 20 i think .

hope i helped!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

Dypso,

Thanks for the reply, yes you indeed helped. Went up there on Saturday to have a look and was quite impressed was talking to one of the lads and he told me they where hoping to open membership next year and get the ball rolling on a club house.

Green fees are 20 Euro weekday and 25 weekends which is reasonable enough. From what I saw of the course I thought it looked quite good but the one thing that struck me when entering the car park was the amount of Golf Carts for hire. thought to myself it must be a long old treck.

Plan to play it tomorrow with my neighbour and if I am still alive after walking it I will let you know how I get on.

Ciaran

it is not the longest in the world but did ya not see those hills!!!!!!!!! ywah its resonable enough. good value bearing in mind some of the courses round our way

Yes I did see the hills and me thinks I will be hiring one of the carts.

True about courses around Louth not a great selection. Always enjoy a trip to Seapoint when the chance arises though. Never realised how handy I had it living in Dublin with the choice of golf course within a short drive (no pun intended) for approximately 30 euro.

Ciaran

yeah very little around us but a course for 20 euro around here would cost yua double that in dublin so genrally the standard is much better. im a member of seapoint some good work done to it this winter

• Advertisement

Ye lucky git being a member of Seapoint, Im sure it costs a pretty penny to join. Lovely course though.

Well got around Bellewstown (Just about!) nice course and I am sure once the fairways dry out it will be even better. Played crap all the same and glad to say I cant use the course as an excuse. mNext time will definetly be hiring a cart. the legs are still sore after all the walking.

Advertisement