Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of porting from O2 to Voda 3G

Options
  • 30-03-2005 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

I switched from Vodafone to 02 last summer to try out the different tarriffs. Fed up with O2 now and am looking to change back to Vodafone.

Was thinking of getting 3g Mobile, anyone got any recommendations, observations or words of caution?

Also, if i wanted to get out of the O2 contract now, does anyone know how much i would have to pay or what would be involved?

Appreciate any help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

From the o2 T&C:
    10. Termination

This Agreement commences on the date of your signature and will continue for the Term. After the Term, this Agreement can be terminated by you by giving thirty days notice in writing to O2. Please note that you cannot terminate your account until it is paid in full. Once the balance on your account has been cleared you will be required to re submit your disconnection notice giving thirty days notice. After the Term, O2 may terminate this Agreement by giving you 30 days written notice. Such notice may be in writing or by phone. All Charges will continue to accrue until the relevant termination notice takes effect. Rental and all other Charges will continue to accrue until disconnection is completed in full. Any Free Call Value, free rental, or free credits remaining on termination of your account will be lost. In the event that you terminate this Agreement prior to the expiry of the Term, you will be liable for all fixed charges, i.e., line rental charges, (also referred to as monthly charge) for the balance of the remaining Term. We may suspend all Services immediately and terminate this Agreement if:
    - you fail to pass such credit checks as we consider are reasonably necessary from time to time.
    - you fail to pay us any sums due under this Agreement on their due date.
    - you breach any of the terms of this Agreement or if any information supplied by you to us is false or misleading.
    - we have reasonable cause to believe that you are unable to pay the Charges; or
    - for any reason we are unable to provide the Services to you.
    We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you in advance, in writing, or by phone, of any such suspension or termination.

Can you go 3g without a contract btw? (ready to go 3g, perhaps)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Normally you just have to pay 15e for each month you've got left. The Sharp 902 looks like a lovely phone. It's very pricey at the moment. 350ish according to another thread. Why don't you just wait until your contract runs out. You won't have to pay the cancellation fee and the price of the 3g phones will've gone down by then.
    You can't get 3g yet on RTG but it's coming soon I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

RachG wrote:
    You can't get 3g yet on RTG but it's coming soon I think.

Yeah, I was told April by a Vodafone worker, so maybe October :D next year... he he he

Advertisement