Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suckerfish Css Menus and Excel sheets - A diabolical combination

Options
  • 30-03-2005 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have implemented a nice Database driven Menu system which is a heirarchy of links within folders. I managet to parse all this using asp.net into a normal HTML Unordered list which i then used to create Suckerfish menus Link.

Which all worked splendidly and feeling very happy with myself i decided to try it out. Unfortunatly it is being used on an internal site that uses Excel sheets for reports inside an Iframe. So when you click a link in the menu it loads the Excel sheet in the Iframe.

The problem is that the Iframe and Menu are side by side and when the Iframe contains an excel sheet the Menu slides underneath it rather than above it when hovered over. So basically you can navigate to the first sheet and thats it. bye bye links as they are hidden behind the sheet.

Needless to say im less than happy with this setup as its taken me a while to build.
    Changing the Excel sheets is not an option.
    all i can do is edit the CSS or the html on the site and i dont know if that will help.

Anyone any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

Have you tried setting the z-index of the i-frame to 1 and the z-index of the nav element to 2, i.e. tell the browser to place nav element in front of the i-frame. Sounds like it should work, never tried it meself though. Not 100% sure about browser issues with this method but have a google.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

tammy wrote:
    Have you tried setting the z-index of the i-frame to 1 and the z-index of the nav element to 2, i.e. tell the browser to place nav element in front of the i-frame. Sounds like it should work, never tried it meself though. Not 100% sure about browser issues with this method but have a google.

Yea that was one of the first things i tried but it doesnt seem to work. I have a feeling that the Excel sheet is not handled by the actual code of the website and will always remain on top.

Advertisement