Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel -v- France

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Im happy enough with the Swiss result. They obviosuly arent great away from home only getting the 1 goal.

...they were at home!
    still i would have taken 1-0 at the start, group could easily involve goal difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

seansouth wrote:
    Did the Israeli go down like he had been shot, or was it a real headbutt, unlike a certain player mentioned in my sig?

real headbutt.

oh jesus, they have to score!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

good to hear that he misses the Ireland game. he was on form for France.
    lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

typo doh. he was Frances major goald threat and has scored a lot for France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

typo doh. he was Frances major goald threat and has scored a lot for France.

Hes married to my aunty Frances and is a Goald from Star gate :D

sorry ^ he started it :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeayaeyheahaehahehe

Alright France, now kill the game off and geta draw.
    I was thinking I wanted Vieira sent off, but I realised Keano will be playing so I really want him there :)

Thinking about it, an Israel win wouldn't be a terrible thing?
    If we then beat Israel, it puts us in a good position to take the group.
    Come on Israel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

haahahahahhah get in there!!!!!!!!!

****ing brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:D

Israel have equalised !!!!!!!!!!!!111

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

knobbles wrote:
    ...they were at home!
    still i would have taken 1-0 at the start, group could easily involve goal difference

it only matters for the games against the people your level with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Probably about ten minutes left lets not get carried away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

their whores for their late goals

90 minutes gone
    Israel 1-1 France

into stoppage time now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

bizmark wrote:
    their whores for their late goals

Or their opponents are whores for defending 1-0 leads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I dont believe it !!!!!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

90 minutes gone
    Israel 1-1 France

into stoppage time now

87 mins gone according to setanta. Howsat work?

Stekelly wrote:
    it only matters for the games against the people your level with.

but if we draw 1-1 at home to the swiss(our last game) and finish level on points with them only then it comes down to our goal difference -v- theirs

knobbles wrote:

but if we draw 1-1 at home to the swiss(our last game) and finish level on points with them only then it comes down to our goal difference -v- theirs

Whos that directed at? cos thats what I was saying. It was irrelevant what score the swiss beat them. It's pur goal difference against them, not our goal difference against their goal difference.

its a result !!!!!

http://livescore.net/default.dll?page=home

he scored in the
    82' [1 - 1] W. Badir

HAHHAHA:D

Nicce 1

I knew Israel had a draw in them. Everyone came down on Kerr to hard. Its not easy to go there and come away with the three points. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

All over 1-1 :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

FT 1-1 yes!

Although the Switz drawing would have been nicer, this makes it easier to swallow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

yes thank god its over. 1-1. We have a big advantage over france and israel now. If we win are game in hand on the top 2 then we will be top of the group. I feel so much better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭radiospan

Great result, amazing to see the French were timewasting at the end, making a pointless sub after 91, and Barthez taking ages for a goal kick in injury time also.

Will "La Trez" definately miss the Ireland game?

no harm but as I said. The other teams are muck in this group. Israel are a joke. France are a mess and the swiss are well organised at best. :D

Stekelly wrote:
    Whos that directed at? cos thats what I was saying. It was irrelevant what score the swiss beat them. It's pur goal difference against them, not our goal difference against their goal difference.

it may not be irrelevant, here goes...
    under the circumstances above
    (ie ireland 1-1 swiss and we finish level on points with them only)
    - yes it does come to our goal diff' -v- theirs and as both games are 1-1 we are level...
    it then goes to overall goal difference

...all sounds a bit far fetched but we're half way through the group now and our results have been identical to the swiss
    - away draw to israel and france, home wins v cyprus and faroes, draw with each other

anyway, far too early in the group for the maths talk ;)

concentrate on WINNING our games which we will !! We screwed up in Jersuleum and got away with it tonight. In June we have the oppurtunity to pull away from this group. We can win all our matches if we have the right mental attitute.

next one on a sunny June day at home to Israel,
    bring it on!!!

I hated when they started messing with the rules, it should be down to plain old total goal difference like the good old days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

knobbles wrote:
    ...yes it does come to our goal diff' -v- theirs and as both games are 1-1 we are level... it then goes to overall goal difference...

Well that's probably what SHOULD be the case but in fact if we're level with a team on points, and our goal difference with them is equal to theirs then it goes to the number of goals scored between us and said team...and only if that's equal does it go to good ol fashioned overall goal difference.

Ah yes, can't wait for the June match on a nice sunny day as knobbles said. Having all these home games has to put us in a damn good position. Especially when our two away games are Faroe Islands and Cyprus which hopefully should be straightforward enough. Could all come down to the Swiss game and some revenge would be nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

no harm but as I said. The other teams are muck in this group. Israel are a joke. France are a mess and the swiss are well organised at best. :D
    AFAIK you don't have Setanta so wouldn't have seen Israel's game tonight or their game against Switzerland. They are a very good team. As I've said many times since Saturday, they gave us way too much respect and if they played like they did tonight and against the Swiss everyone would have been happy with a draw on Sunday morning.

I cheered that goal as much as I cheered Clinton's. :) Great week in the end. Never been so happy to move from top of the group to 4th. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Anyone know what the break is between the prem league finishing and our match against israel, will kerr bring the lads on a training camp or let them rest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I would have definetly traded a French win last night for a Swiss draw in the other game. Of the 3 teams sharing pole with us at the moment they are by far the one the concern me the most.

If we dont go top this group and go through to Germany then there is no hope for Ireland and we deserve to miss out on the finals. Im fully confident that we will go through.

The players know what is expected of them. There arent any wasters in our best 11 like previous WCQ's. We beat Holland with the likes of Mc Ateer etc when they came here with a ferocity and totally dominated us.

Playing at home and away are completely different for us. Kerr set out in the beginning to not to lose our away matches. I would have taken 3 away draws at the start of this campaign and I am happy with it now. Israel showed last night that they are no easy team to turn over at home. Its going to be a different kettle of fish in Dublin were we can really get at a team for 90 minutes at a high tempo. I still dont think that they are any way decent, its just the way they play at home in such a narrow pitch with 5 across the back which makes it difficult there.

Switzerland performed very poorly IMO against a very weak team in Cyprus. Only scoring in the last few minutes to get the 3 points. They have an underdog mentality and dont seem to do well when they are favourites to win.

Im happy with the results last night, fair enough the Swiss could have drawn which would have been even better, but it was asking a lot for such a weak team to beat Switzerland.

This group is there for winning. We can beat everyone who comes to Dublin. I expect the 6 points away from home as well. We just need to belive and go about it the right way. I think France will get the second spot, Switzerland are very weak menality IMO and we got the upper hand of them in basel.

Advertisement