Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone from Kilmacanogue?

• 30-03-2005 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

Anyone here from Kilmacanogue, Wicklow or know much about it?

Is there much difference between Kilmacanogue and other Wicklow towns such as Greystones, Delgany etc (with regards to buying a house there)?

thanks,

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

My parents live out there. Bit of a general question about the houses there as it depends on the site/house/surrounding area as to whether they're more expensive or not.
    A neighbour of my parents sold there 3-bed bungalow, detached on a country road, decent back garden, small front garden, for about €400k

Plus points are it right beside the N11, not far from Bray for shopping etc. Decent schools around the area.

hth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

lafortezza wrote:
    My parents live out there. Bit of a general question about the houses there as it depends on the site/house/surrounding area as to whether they're more expensive or not.
    A neighbour of my parents sold there 3-bed bungalow, detached on a country road, decent back garden, small front garden, for about €400k

Plus points are it right beside the N11, not far from Bray for shopping etc. Decent schools around the area.

hth

Thanks lafortezza - sorry I was a bit vague, have only really driven through it via the N11 so don't know the town at all. Are there areas to avoid there? The main reason I ask is that there are a couple of houses for sale there < 300K, and I was wondering if there are any particular reasons why they are quite well priced (relative to Ireland :rolleyes:)

Is there a town centre, or is what you see from the N11 all there is to it?

thanks again,

Eoin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

eoin_s wrote:
    Are there areas to avoid there? The main reason I ask is that there are a couple of houses for sale there < 300K, and I was wondering if there are any particular reasons why they are quite well priced (relative to Ireland

Is there a town centre, or is what you see from the N11 all there is to it?
    Whatever you see from the N11 is pretty much it. Housing estate, small office park, pub, post office, garage. There's plenty of good private housing on the small roads around the village, some nice houses selling for €3million+
    Not sure about the "well priced" part, would depend on each individual house, maybe check the local press/estate agents.

No real areas to avoid, no more than Bray or surrounding areas anyway, I grew up there so I turned out (reasonably) ok!

My dad's selling some sites around there at the moment, pm me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 petergr

Can any body help me I am trying to find information on Private Micheal John Fisher who cam from Kilmacanogue he is my grandfather Royal Dublin Fusaliers and was killed at chocolate hill Gallipolie on the 9th August 1915 .I have tried the english census of 1901 & can not find the marrage in the St.Helens Lancs records & it seems that records was destroyed in ww2
    Is there any body in the villagecan help me with infomation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CarolB

Hi, this is a long shot. I want to find the location of a cottage/farmhouse that might be found around this area! It's a long single storey white house with a grey stone outbuilding next to it. It's nestled up in the mountains, and it has a long narrow driveway leading up to it. I have photos of it - it was used for a film called The Hard Way in 1979!! Does anyone have a clue where it might be? I would love to find it.

Many thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CarolB

I have found out where the cottage is. It is on the Luggala Estate in the middle of the Wicklow mountains - close to Roundwood and near the Sally Gap. I'll definitely want to visit there next time I'm in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 suttlem

petergr wrote: »
    Can any body help me I am trying to find information on Private Micheal John Fisher who cam from Kilmacanogue he is my grandfather Royal Dublin Fusaliers and was killed at chocolate hill Gallipolie on the 9th August 1915 .I have tried the english census of 1901 & can not find the marrage in the St.Helens Lancs records & it seems that records was destroyed in ww2
    Is there any body in the villagecan help me with infomation

try Cedric Fisher, he lives in Ballyorney between kilmac and enniskerry or Jim Scannell in bray historical soc.

Advertisement