Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Tax Disk Question

Options
  • 30-03-2005 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Why are they different colours? And whats yours! :D

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

They're different colours for the different quarters of the year afaik.
    Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, July-Sept, Oct-Dec.
    Mine's green and blue.. I think... expires end of Jun 05.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

AFAIK, the colours change each year only. Why?... to make it more obvious that it's current (or out of date), and in an effort to twart counterfiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Does anyone here keep their old tax discs. I have all of mine dating back to 1996.

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Why keep them? All you need is a nosey passenger shuffling around looking at your disks and putting them back in the wrong order!

Interesting that they are different colours. I know someone who makes theirs in Photoshop. Hope he got the colour right!!! I, on the other hand, pay mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

BrianD wrote:
    Why keep them? All you need is a nosey passenger shuffling around looking at your disks and putting them back in the wrong order!
    Has happened - except it wasn't a passenger that put them back in the wrong order :eek: Fortinately, I spotted that I was displaying a 5 year old tax disc before the gardai did :)

BrianD3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

mike65 wrote:
    Why are they different colours? And whats yours! :D

Mike.
    Tourcoise blue/sickly Green atm, the colour changed in January.

Also being a resident of Port Lairge Mike, have you noticed they still slap a big trianglular stamp across their disks? why is this? Mine is a nice clean SN issued one. I was once accused of having a forgery because it lacked the big stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I always assumed that Tax discs where different colours so that a Garda could easily spot if the current tax disc was valid by seeing the colour of it from a distance without having to get close enoough to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

Does anyone here keep their old tax discs. I have all of mine dating back to 1996.

i have all mine since '89, they came in the car when i bought it! funny thing i find is looking at the price rise over the years!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Don't know if they worry about counterfeiting. I saw a knob that crashed into me in town driving another car with no insurance. When the cops arrived they looked at his discs and said his tax disc was defo a fake as it was the wrong colour but they just said they were not going to do anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bond-007 wrote:
    Tourcoise blue/sickly Green atm, the colour changed in January.

Also being a resident of Port Lairge Mike, have you noticed they still slap a big trianglular stamp across their disks? why is this? Mine is a nice clean SN issued one. I was once accused of having a forgery because it lacked the big stamp.

I've got my "just about to be expired" disk here and its got no triangle. Maybe its a County thing! I'll check tomorrow.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement