Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steven Gerrard Autographs

• 30-03-2005 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

If this post isn't allowed then i apologise and will delete but just want to see if there is any interest in steven Gerrard signed photos.
    I'm able to get as many of them as i want and they come straight from steven himself not some dodgy ebay merchant so authenticity is guaranteed. If there is enough demand then i will get him to do some and then sell them on here @ say €10 each?
    If anybody is interested either let me know by posting here or sending me a pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Chelsea will give you £30 million for that. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

lol i like that. If Mr. Kenyon is online and wants to make an offer....... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

how can you get them so easily if you dont mind my sking? just curious.

I have a few contacts within the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

i'd definately be interested. Dont suppose thered be any chance of getting a signed Jersey? Obviously I'd either supply the Jersey or the money for it.

• Advertisement

No but at the end of the season the kitroom have a clear out of all the gear, i'l be getting shirts, shorts tracksuits all worn by various players so if you'd be interested in them??

definatley would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I'd be interested in a shirt too. Keep me in mind?

will do , won't be sellin any gear till the end of the season cos all of the stuff i have at the minute i wanna keep.
    It's just the gerrard autographs for the minute

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I will buy a SteveG signed photo and will buy a StevieG jersey if you get them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Do you really think the "contacts" that you know give you this stuff, in good faith, so you can flog it on the internet?

All you seem to post here is offers for your latest (stolen) stash, do you not think the gear would be better served going to sick children instead of giving you a bit of extra pocket money?

Back on topic, I have absolutely no interest in anything you are selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I prefer to try and obtain stuff myself

Do you really think the "contacts" that you know give you this stuff, in good faith, so you can flog it on the internet?

All you seem to post here is offers for your latest (stolen) stash, do you not think the gear would be better served going to sick children instead of giving you a bit of extra pocket money?

Back on topic, I have absolutely no interest in anything you are selling.

And you are.......?????

1. My stash is not stolen, How can getting an autograph be stolen?????
    Also all the players are allowed keep their shirts when they wear them so what they choose to do with them is then up to them. They certainly aren't stealing them.
    2. Yes the "contact" who i get the autographs knows i am selling them
    3. For a recent tsunami appeal and i obtained a squad signed liverpool shirt which raised a LOT of money.
    So iwhat gives you the right to come on here saying i'm selling stolen goods and telling me to give my belongings to charity?

ianomccabe wrote:
    And you are.......?????
    Why is that relevant? But to answer your question, obviously not someone as "highly connected" in the football world as yourself.
    ianomccabe wrote:
    1. My stash is not stolen, How can getting an autograph be stolen????? Also all the players are allowed keep their shirts when they wear them so what they choose to do with them is then up to them. They certainly aren't stealing them.
    Are you getting them directly from the players? Is it in the players contracts that "they get to keep every jersey they wear"? Or is it an unwritten rule? Do kit lads just keep the discarded player jerseys? I wouldnt think thats all that far fetched.

How can autographs be stolen? If you can get "as many as you want" they are either stolen or counterfeit. Something tells me SG isnt prepared to sit down and sign his name as much as YOU want so you can make a bit of pocket money. You arent Jose Mourinho ;)
    ianomccabe wrote:
    2. Yes the "contact" who i get the autographs knows i am selling them
    Well then he is as bad as you. Why doesnt he just do it himself?
    ianomccabe wrote:
    3. For a recent tsunami appeal and i obtained a squad signed liverpool shirt which raised a LOT of money.
    What charity did you give it to?
    ianomccabe wrote:
    So iwhat gives you the right to come on here saying i'm selling stolen goods and telling me to give my belongings to charity?
    As I said unless you are getting the goods directly from the players, and it says in their contracts that they can keep all their gear after everygame, I would imagine a lot of them are stolen as they are the clubs property not anyone elses. Unless you have authorisation from the club to have the gear? Do you? Can you prove they are not stolen? Or are you just taking someone elses word for it?

As for giving them to charity, I never said you should give it all to charity, it would just be a more noble thing to do rather than pimping it on the net for a tenner.

Ok first of all i do not claim to be "highly connected". This is not the first time you have given me a slating on here regarding information i was providing about liverpool. Why does it bother you that much?

Yes i am getting them directly from the players. I haven't taken time to read each and every one of their contracts explicitly to find out if it says they can keep any shirt they wear but the reality is, most do. They either swap them, keep them or give them away. I don't think the Anfield hierarchy would let an irish student read confidential contractual agreements.

With regards to the autographs SG is prepared to sign as many as is wanted. I'm not going to reveal my source to you but rest assured if he asks SG for 10 i will get 10, if he asks for 20 i will get 20. The person i get them off does sell them himself at a higher price than i am, I know there are liverpool supporters on here (like me) who would jump at the chance to get one.

I gave the signed shirt to the priest within my college who auctioned it off and gave the proceeds to the tsunami appeal.

With regards having "authorisation" from the club to have the gear????
    It comes from the players, sorry but i dont feel the need to go to the Moores family or Mr. Parry and ask them if it is ok for some of their first team squad to give me some shirts!
    Grow up, It's obvious your upset, angry???? at me for some reason??
    Personally i think you need to chill out, why is it causing such offence to you what i do?

ianomccabe wrote:
    Personally i think you need to chill out, why is it causing such offence to you what i do?
    Im very chilled. I just think selling memorabillia DONATED to you is a pretty cheap way to earn your money, student or not.

Do you really think that SG would happily sign you 20 autographs if you told him personally that you were going to flog them on the net at a tenner a piece? Get real.

First of all why do you presume that they are donated to me?

Would you expect me to just come on here and give them away if i was paying for them in the first place?

Also i don't know SG personally so i doubt he'd know who i was if you told him i was selin autographs :D:D

Both Stevey G and Carragher willingly let their mates flog their gear, boots autographs. It's well known around liverpool, Must be the scouser in them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Why would anybody want a signed picture of Steven Gerrard?

joe. wrote:
    Why would anybody want a signed picture of Steven Gerrard?

i cant udnerstand why anyone would want it off the net, thats for sure.

Usually when some has something signed, it brings back a good story of how they meet the player, and how they got it signed.

when one of your mates asks you where you got it and say, "oh off some bloke on the internet". it sounds a bit **** does it not?

maybe the people buying it, can tell me why they want it so much?

Cos im not likely to meet Steven Gerrard anytime soon (if ever). Its a nice keep sake. A jersey would be a bit more special as I'd be wearing his actual shirt, not nessecarily just Gerrards, most would be special. I've met precious(sp?) few (real) footballers and thats probably not going to change so its the only way of getting stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

I'll do them for half his price. I'll even sign them myself.

Cheers Ste

Why anyone thinks i'd forge a sh1tload of Gerrard photo's and flog them to people off boards i don't know.

And the gear speaks for itself, its unable to buy so how i can fake that i don't know

Have you any pictures of Keano?

no sorry

See guys he's genuine. If he was forging them he'd have a stock of Keanos autographs for sure. :D

Dont mind the lads here Iano , some of them don't get out much.

cheers muppet!

Don't think i deserve stick for sellin a few stevey g autographs!

I'm sure if ya do a google image search you'l get a keano picture ;)

Ok for anyone who contacted me saying they'd take one they're on the way from liverpool tomorrow morning. Should be here monday or tuesday. If they're here monday i'l dispatch them then, if not i'l have to wait till thursday cos im goin to the liverpool Juve game.
    Probably best we leave this thread alone now.............

There could be a much bigger demand after the Juve game, fingers crossed.

yeah with a bit of luck he'l drill one in like he did against olympiakos

I'l be in touch ste

• Advertisement

maybe you should offer them on chelsea websites aswell?! :D

ha...........................................................................heh?

ok folks enough with the Chelsea jokes, thats about 50 now, and, I for one dont think he's going anywhere. I mean who in their right minds would leave the european champions :)

We have no problem stiffing any club for 30 or 40 million. Xavi Alonso is the new (and improved) Gerrard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Stekelly wrote:
    I mean who in their right minds would leave the european champions :)
    Deco, Carvalho, Ferreira... :p

eirebhoy wrote:
    Deco, Carvalho, Ferreira... :p

They're money grabbing hoe's tho. Stevie G doesnt want the money.

ok for the lads who ordered them they're on the way from liverpool today

Am getting more today for friends of mine etc. so is there anyone who wants another i will accept them before the end of today @ €10

Cheers

Ian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

hopefully stevie gerrard will be sold in the summer if thats the sort of character he is, his so called mates sponging off him.What about the " real fans".I dont see roy keane charging for his autograph.By the way im a liverpool fan before you ask.
    I know its not your fault, your a student and trying to get by.

• Advertisement

Steven Gerrard doesn't charge for his autograph and he never has.
    I am the one charging for his autograph, It's getting messy on here would people try stop goin off on the moral trip?
    :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I'd take a shirt as well . :D

when i do get shirts at the end of season the likelihood is that i will only get 1 gerrard, 2 if i'm lucky.
    An example on the prices his shirts go for there is one on ebay at the minute for 155 pounds sterling with 4 days to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

fair play to ya

right will close this offer at half 9 so anyone who wants in let me know before then

cheers

ian

• Advertisement

ianomccabe wrote:
    when i do get shirts at the end of season the likelihood is that i will only get 1 gerrard, 2 if i'm lucky.
    An example on the prices his shirts go for there is one on ebay at the minute for 155 pounds sterling with 4 days to go

How bout less high profile players?

there was some on ebay earlier this season,
    cheyrou, diao, foley-sheridan etc.....
    all went for between 90 and 120 sterling. They vary on whether they're short sleeve long sleeve, champs league, premier league.
    Sami Hyypia's shirt from the carling cup final :eek: was sold for 600 pounds sterling

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

:o God that's big cash. I wouldn't have minded owning Hyypia's CC final jersey, though that's a bit steep.

yeah once off shirts like that go for big money. The stuff from the finals of the treble year are among the most valuable i've seen. Normal Premiership shirts aren't as bad because there are a fair few produced for players each season but for the carling cup final there would have been 2 maybe 3 produced for each player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Any image of these photos to show us,i dont even know what stevie g's sig looks like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Any image of these photos to show us,i dont even know what stevie g's sig looks like.
    His signature is on this poster if you can see it: :)
    http://www.gartsports.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1897270&cp=711653.715474

no images of them, haven't got any at the minute.
    Thanks for all the posts, those who ordered them will be in touch,
    cheers,
    Ian

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement