Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 GT3 Cars & Tracks

Options
  • 30-03-2005 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Now that we all have sore tumbs from playing GT4, I can't stop thinking about the legend that is GT3. Since GT4 has only been released for a short while now, we haven't yet had the opertunity to experience all cars and tracks, unlike on GT3 which we have played to death. So I was wondering what the top 5 cars & tracks of GT3 were.

Here's my personal opinion:

Top 5 Cars
    1. Tommy Kaira ZZ II
    2. Chevrolet Camaro Race Car
    3. Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII
    4. Nissan Calsonic Skyline
    5. Mitsubishi FTO Race Car

Top 5 Tracks
    1. Monte Carlo
    2. Grand Valley Speedway
    3. Smokey Mountain
    4. Apricot Hill Raceway
    5. Mid-Field Raceway

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

in other words you havent bought it yet ! ;)

I want dis, yeah baby yeah !!

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4768

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

528i wrote:
    in other words you havent bought it yet ! ;)

I want dis, yeah baby yeah !!

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4768
    Oh, I have it all right, can’t get enough of it have it a week now.
    I was just curious about people’s favourite cars and tracks were from the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Been a long time since I played GT3 properly so I couldn't give a decent list now.

I do know I liked the DTM cars, the Mercedes CLK and the Opel(Calibra I think?) had by far the most mileage of my cars. In the early game the MX5 was great. Other than that I just experimented and changed cars a lot.

Tracks are easier to remember(since they're nearly all still in GT4):
    1. Monaco
    2. Midfield
    3. Laguna Seca
    4. Trial Mountain
    5. Grand Valley

Has anyone noticed how GT4, despite having oh so many cars available, seems to just throw the same cars at you over and over again once you get some way in it. The final Professional championship, most of the Extreme championships, and most of the Endurance races all put you up against the Nissan R92, Sauber Mercedes, Toyota GTOne, Mazda 787B etc. Basically all Le Mans racecars. And they're on another planet to every other car in the game, which means your forced to drive one of them aswell, I won a Mercedes CLK Racecar first, then got a Nissan R92, and that's pretty much the only car I've used since, out of necessity more than anything else. I'd rather there was more races for other cars, I mean I've yet to even drive a Supra/Skyline/NSX or any of the mainstay top-level cars of Gran Turismo through the years, just sort of skipped from bog-standard road cars straight to Le Mans cars without anything between.

steviec wrote:
    Has anyone noticed how GT4, despite having oh so many cars available, seems to just throw the same cars at you over and over again once you get some way in it. The final Professional championship, most of the Extreme championships, and most of the Endurance races all put you up against the Nissan R92, Sauber Mercedes, Toyota GTOne, Mazda 787B etc. Basically all Le Mans racecars. And they're on another planet to every other car in the game, which means your forced to drive one of them aswell, I won a Mercedes CLK Racecar first, then got a Nissan R92, and that's pretty much the only car I've used since, out of necessity more than anything else. I'd rather there was more races for other cars, I mean I've yet to even drive a Supra/Skyline/NSX or any of the mainstay top-level cars of Gran Turismo through the years, just sort of skipped from bog-standard road cars straight to Le Mans cars without anything between.
    I haven't gone as far as the profesional championship yet but I know what you mean by being forced to use the same car over & over again its a hell of a good game but it needs more variety as far as using the Le Mans racers gose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yea, I wish there were more championships with restrictions. There's a couple of 'unmodified' championships which my trusty Ford GT is used for, but there's no championship for normal racing cars, you know the JGTC cars or 'LM editions' or Touring or Rally cars(apart from the rally stages obviously, but I don't like racing on dirt personally). Once any type of racing modification is allowed, it seems to automatically become a Le Mans race. There should be a 'no prototypes' restriction or something like that, I believe thats how the Le Mans cars are classed, in the real race there's a prototype class and then a GT class where Porsches and Dodge Vipers and the like race.

700 cars and I'm just racing against the same 10 over and over again! At least I use a lot of the others in two player mode.

• Advertisement

I love the rally stages there should be loads more
    steviec wrote:
    Yea, I wish there were more championships with restrictions. There's a couple of 'unmodified' championships which my trusty Ford GT is used for, but there's no championship for normal racing cars, you know the JGTC cars or 'LM editions' or Touring or Rally cars(apart from the rally stages obviously, but I don't like racing on dirt personally). Once any type of racing modification is allowed, it seems to automatically become a Le Mans race. There should be a 'no prototypes' restriction or something like that, I believe thats how the Le Mans cars are classed, in the real race there's a prototype class and then a GT class where Porsches and Dodge Vipers and the like race.

700 cars and I'm just racing against the same 10 over and over again! At least I use a lot of the others in two player mode.

Advertisement