Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a processor socket base

Options
  • 30-03-2005 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

hi,
    i have aquired a second hand mother board and processor (lucky me) the problem is that i cannot get a processor base stand to attach to the mother board to attach the heatsink and fan to - i have bought a fan (vortex dream) that comes with a base but it dont fit

the vortex dream says it fits a 478 board
    above my cpu it says mpg478b ( it presses into the board with 4 arrow like heads and needs no screws) which i assume is the socket type - i regretfull assumed all 478 sockets were the same well now i know they are not - the problem is i cannot find anywehre to buy such an item (the base to attach the heatsink and fan to) i have looked online and in stores but no where seems to stock them

so the question is does anyone know where i can get one of these things or does anyone have an old one they would like to give to me --
    thanks for your time
    mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

quitepc.co.uk sells them i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

i seen one on ebay for 99cents last night ....post in the wanted and you might pick one up there i just threw a mobo out a while ago that had one "i hate when someone says that " sorry ..best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i think i have a spare one whih u can have, im in work now, il check when i go home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

thanks gline,
    if you could post it to me i would pay postage back to you
    let me know iif you have it

thanks

mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

marktsang wrote:
    thanks gline,
    if you could post it to me i would pay postage back to you
    let me know iif you have it

thanks

mark

Yeh il check when i get home. It is this http://www.jes-computer.de/product_info.php?pID=15171 you need isnt it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

yep thats its gline -
    thanks i appreciate it

mark

Advertisement