Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jj72

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread. But this was the last thread that I saw on this topic when I did a search

Anyway, a blast from the past came on up my spotify yesterday – JJ72. Hadn’t listened to anything by them in about 15 years I’d say.

One of the songs from I to Sky came up on my random lists. I’d forgotten how much I used to like them.

I threw on all of I to Sky and listened to it through. It is so good. It’s not perfect - couple of songs that one could skip over. But it has a good 7/8 of very good songs, which makes it a very good standard, in my eyes anyway.

Must give the self-titled album a listen as well (JJ72). But I had listened to that to death back in the day, so I’m still well familiar with the songs.

One thing that stands out to me when I was listening to them last night – you’d seldom hear of JJ72 being mentioned when it comes to lists such as top 100 Irish records.

They only had the 2 albums. Pity they didn’t hang around for a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

AAbsolutely one of the best bands ecer to come from ireland, very underrated.

i know mark went on to concerto for Constantine which didn't last long and is now a music teacher last I heard, the drummer (Fergal or Mark I can't remember) moved to London but not sure what he does and Hillary eventually popped back up a few years back and has released two very good solo records very different to Jj72

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Hillarys albums are terrific.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I met Mark last year randomly and we had a few pints. He had a bit of bad luck with health but now head of BIMM. Absolutely lovely bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

He was head of songwriting and then head of education in BIMM for a few years but I think he's gone now. Karl Breen taken over that role of I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement