Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CSI on RTE

• 30-03-2005 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭

I would like to know what RTE are playing at by not showing CSI. The are only 3 episode left and it could be months before they show them and at this rate it could be next year before we see series 5 of CSI. i am tired of waiting for them to show any of the csi's. they have the licease for csi new york but i don't think they'll ever show it. :(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Oh they will, but most likely in the same time slot as CSI Miami when its done, or before the next series.

As for the original, I've always hated the way they move it around on a whim and usually without warning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

I've email RTE twice about csi and series 3 of csi mami and they have lied to me about their return. giving me different dates of when they would be shown and these dates have past and they never been shown on the specified date. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

CSI: Miami was shown twice this month, once on thursday and then on Bank holiday Monday.

CSI is a filler for RTÉ productions, Prime Time Investigate, some documentries and Miniserierals all of which I think are good. It would make more sence to show CrimeCall a monthly show on a Monday as a filler and not CSI.

CSI:Miami I don't really understand whats going on there they got a good day of Tuesdays, Now taken up by desperate housewives.

And then there is Law and Order and Law and Order:CI which is a filler for Sport, Champions League on Wednesdays.

They are just lucky that each franchise is shown on FIVE and Living.

andrew.fitzpatrick@rte.ie (head of scheduling)

I know RTE have perfect times during week but have bad shows on those timeslots. Now i think tuesday nights at nine on RTE TWO would be perfect if the stopped repeating friends and got rid of that awful show the Exfiles. :):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I remember they showed half of season 4,then stopped for months,then started to show the second half of it...but they seem to have stopped again.

Miami season 2 was shown on Thusdays for weeks,from eps 1-20 and it did quite well in the ratings.Then they show ep 21(NY Intro Ep) on a Sunday and i think it was the thursday 2 weeks ago they showed the season finale. why show 20 eps and do that with the last 2?

• Advertisement

I know. it now looking likely that i could be months before we ever see series five. I emailed RTE last night to find out when they are showing them again and i'm waiting to hear back from them. :D:D:D

I know. it now looking likely that i could be months before we ever see series five. I emailed RTE last night to find out when they are showing them again and i'm waiting to hear back from them

Did you email Andrew Fitzpatrick?

I know. it now looking likely that i could be months before we ever see series five. I emailed RTE last night to find out when they are showing them again and i'm waiting to hear back from them. :D:D:D

trust me,if you e-mailed to info@rte.ie,you will probably get some stupid response from someone who has no idea what they are on about!RTE showed half of season4 as i mentioned and then stopped.When I asked would they be continuing it soon,they told me they didnt have the rights to season 4 but were repeating season 3.So did I dream the first half of season 4?!lol I e-mailed them back saying they had shown half of it and they said they would contact someone else and get back to me...they never got back to me!

also,does anyone watch Without a Trace and Cold Case on TG4? They are prodeced by bruckheimer as well,and I actually think they are better than CSI,especially without a trace...but i still do like CSI.

RTE don't have a clue when it comes to schuelling. I too watch cold case and sometime without trace but i love csi more. i guess its because of the forenics. I've always been into those shows. :):):):)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I never knew the airing of CSI on RTE was so crazy, I'm just happy my girlfriend doesn't have to resort to watching RTE to see this show
    You'd be in a bad mood all week otherwise :D

• Advertisement

There is a website/forum for european fans of csi and i am the moderator for the ireland forum. its a great website. :D:D:D

if you wish to join
    follow the link
    http://www.csiforum.no/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Gah, they keep bouncing it around the schedule, especially Vegas. They're not far off the end with season 4 I think, but now that Proof 2 is starting tomorrow night so who knows when they'll finish showing Vegas. The way treat it I can't see them picking up Nu Yoik.

Gah, they keep bouncing it around the schedule, especially Vegas. They're not far off the end with season 4 I think, but now that Proof 2 is starting tomorrow night so who knows when they'll finish showing Vegas. The way treat it I can't see them picking up Nu Yoik.

they already have NY,if thats what you meant to type! :p its just a matter of them showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Oh my God, did I just read that I missed the season finale of Miami....not happy.....not happy at all :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Couldn't ye just get the DVD boxset? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

tvnutz wrote:
    they already have NY,if thats what you meant to type! :p its just a matter of them showing it.

Was going for the local pronunciation...

So they have the rights to show it/have bought it?

ye they have CSI NY bought.

They deffinenly have the rights to csi ny they told me so. still waiting for a reply from RTE about csi. as for the season finale of csi maimi. i was shown.
    :D:D:D

(I just got an email from rte and this is what they said:
    Thank you for your query. Apologies for the delay in
    responding, but this e-mail account is very busy.

The update is as follows:-

CSI: One programme in series 4 will broadcast on 25th
    April, with a break, and the final two programmes in
    the series to be transmitted in July on Mondays at
    9.30pm. Series 5 continues on from there in the same
    time slot. Keep an eye on tv listings for details.

CSI Miami: 2nd May, RTÉ 2 at 10.30pm.

Kind Regards

Brigitte
    RTÉ Communications)

I am angry that have to wait 2 months to see csi but thank god living tv are showing series four again. :mad: :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 00Nothing

I looked up page 369 on Aertel yesterday and interestingly the final episode of CSI:Miami did very well for RTE TWO. It was their ninth most watched show that week, and actually had more viewers that Joey. If this is the case, I would like to know why they treat the show like this. If it got bad ratings I wouldn't be surprised, but if a show is getting good ratings it should have equally good treatment. This would never happen on five.

• Advertisement

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation gets 350,000 viewers on RTÉ when it is show.
    Over on RTÉ Two CSI:Miami gets 150,000 viewers. Law and Order and L&O:CI generally get 150,000 on RTÉ Two. When they are shown.

Over on TV3 they get on average 170,000 viewers for L&O:SVU but you get a full season over on 3. Only problem with TV3 is that the repeat each serie when they don't have a new series.

Yes RTÉ don't respect their american imports at all. Just look at what time they show most of them over on RTÉ Two at around 2am in the morning.

Please please email Andrew Fitzpatrick who is Head of RTÉ Two and Head of Scheduling in RTÉ, about this.

Also one of RTÉ Two most popular nights was their CSI:Night during Xmas.

whats Andrew Fitzpatrick's email i will send him one. I've already sent an angry email the RTE just now. i hope they'll get the picture. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

whats Andrew Fitzpatrick's email i will send him one. I've already sent an angry email the RTE just now. i hope they'll get the picture.

andrew.fitzpatrick@rte.ie I already posted it.

Angry emails don't always work.

1. Your anger may not come across
    2. People avoid angry people

You should be pleasent but deadly honest. IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Engel

Im very angry at rte for the whole csi thing. Jesus how hard is it to show a series? If it gets one of the highest ratings why treat it like ****? Are they trying to piss us off? Well, they can stop trying! it's so unfair! I'd email but I'm not wasting my time on people who don't care!....what a rant....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

RTE have finally resumed showing CSI:Las Vegas, now showing on Saturday nights around five to eleven. Episodes 4.21 and 4.22 already broadcast, season finale next week. Presumably they will then go straight into Season 5.

Bizarre scheduling, to say the least...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Tenshot wrote:
    RTE have finally resumed showing CSI:Las Vegas, now showing on Saturday nights around five to eleven. Episodes 4.21 and 4.22 already broadcast, season finale next week. Presumably they will then go straight into Season 5.

Bizarre scheduling, to say the least...

Those were repeats for RTE. Season 5 was the last one they played, mostly on Mondays. The season 5 finale was shown on Dec 30.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation would work on a saturday night if and only if they where to show it at 10:30 but 11 is a tiny bit too late.

I thought RTE TWO where going to start showing it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

John R wrote:
    Those were repeats for RTE. Season 5 was the last one they played, mostly on Mondays. The season 5 finale was shown on Dec 30.
    Are you sure? I don't remember seeing any Season 5 episodes on RTE, except for the Tarantino episodes over Christmas. I can't imagine I'd have somehow missed a whole season.

RTE2 on the other hand have been showing CSI: Miami about every 36 hours. The voice-over for the Las Vegas episode last Saturday even introduced it as "CSI:Miami", and mentioned it again at the end ("Catch up with the CSI:Miami team next Saturday...").

Why is tonight's episode of CSI Miami advertised as "Lost Son",the first episode of the 3rd season,when the season finale is supposed to be on? This would be just like RTE,to show 21 episodes of a season and not show the fecking last one!

• Advertisement

Are you sure? I don't remember seeing any Season 5 episodes on RTE, except for the Tarantino episodes over Christmas. I can't imagine I'd have somehow missed a whole season.

Perhaps we did. I mean lets face it you couldn't rely on if CSI was going to be on on a monday night, I gave up on it eventually. Only because of its on again/off again schedule on RTE ONE.

Also has anyone got the DVD of season one of CSI. Is it just me but why did they change the opening title's music on the DVD? yet Pete Townsend is credited for the music at the end of each episode. I depend on the opening titles of all shows. (sad I know).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Tenshot wrote:

They showed the first 5 or 6 on Mondays this time last year and then the Tarantino finale at Christmas. They haven't shown the rest, season 4 was the last one they completed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

John R wrote:
    They showed the first 5 or 6 on Mondays this time last year and then the Tarantino finale at Christmas. They haven't shown the rest, season 4 was the last one they completed.

RTE are all over the place. ITs as if they were going back words. I didnt see much of it over Christmas. Wasnt a big fan so no loss to me. Then I started watching it on Wednesdays after CSI NY was finished. They kept talking aboyt a lad called Spedal (sp!) who died and I couldnt figure out who he was. Last night I found out!

Bring back Law and Order CI do. Best show ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

That totally wrecked my head the way RTE went back to the start of the current season without warning. I expect that kind of sh!t from TV3, who do it the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

do RTÉ leave a local 6th class do the scheduling or WTF is going on? shows like this should be on at either 8 or 9pm

do RTÉ leave a local 6th class do the scheduling or WTF is going on? shows like this should be on at either 8 or 9pm

Yeah I don't see why RTÉ have a problem showing these shows before nine.

And I have been told by RTÉ that they won't put these shows out at 9 because that would upset the viewers of the 9 O'Clock news on RTÉ ONE.

RTÉ TWO should be treated in the same way as RTÉ ONE, if RTÉ continue to threat RTÉ TWO as their "second channel" then eventually RTÉ TWO will be behind BBC TWO and C4 in the channels share of the audience.

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote:
    That totally wrecked my head the way RTE went back to the start of the current season without warning. I expect that kind of sh!t from TV3, who do it the whole time.
    i know it was really annoying. i waiting for the season finale and they go back to the start of season 3 again. really pissed about it

So I wasn't dreaming then!? :p I thought for a second that maybe I had missed the season finale,that it was on last week. But then I remembered i was off work last Wednesday so I did see the 2nd last episode last week.

I just don't get some of their decisions! Was it done on purpose? (I don't see a reason why it could not have bene shown),or was it just a mistake done out of their normal stupidity?

The Champions League is back next week so it is not on then either! They could easily have just finished off the season before the CL started up again! :mad:

Just got an e-mail back from RTE.

The season 3 finale will be shown 1st March at 9pm and they are going straight into the 4th season at 9.55pm. For once they do something right!

Okay thats CSI:Miami your talking about. :rolleyes:

What about the other CSI?

Plus CSI:Miami will be interrupted by Champions League over the year.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Elmo wrote:
    Also has anyone got the DVD of season one of CSI. Is it just me but why did they change the opening title's music on the DVD? yet Pete Townsend is credited for the music at the end of each episode. I depend on the opening titles of all shows. (sad I know).

I bought it and it completely threw me having the music changed. Also noted that Pete Townsend was credited with the opening music - perhaps it's another part of the same song....

Channel 5 here in the UK has a CSI night on Sat which is great. They show a mixture of the CSI shows and then follow it with Law and Order. Not a bad nights tv at all.

Purchased Season 1 of Miami yesterday - feel a marathon coming on.

S

• Advertisement

i love season one of miami. its a really good season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

this is an email i got from rte today.

I regret that you were disppointed not to see the final
    episode on Wednesday 15th February. The episode shown
    was episode 1 of season 3. However I can advise you
    that the final episode of season 3 CSI Miami will be
    screened Wednesday 1st March at 9pm and will be
    followed by the first episode of season 4 at 9.55pm
    approx.

I must also advise you that all schedules are subject
    to change. If you require further information please do
    not hesitiate to contact.

Kindest regards
    Mary Clarke

Information Office

i love season one of miami. its a really good season

Love your signature Irishcsifan. I am a convert, I was always down on Miami but having seen the first 3 eps I am really getting into it.

sanncoo wrote:
    Love your signature Irishcsifan. I am a convert, I was always down on Miami but having seen the first 3 eps I am really getting into it.
    thanks sanncoo. i am fan of all 3 csi's. but csi las vegas is my number one favourite but i have i massive crush on horatio (he is just so sexy). i have season 1 to 5 of las vegas and the first 10 episodes of season six (very good season by the way) and season one and two of miami. i am also a moderator on european csi forum so as you can see i'm a massive fan

thanks sanncoo. i am fan of all 3 csi's. but csi las vegas is my number one favourite but i have i massive crush on horatio (he is just so sexy). i have season 1 to 5 of las vegas and the first 10 episodes of season six (very good season by the way) and season one and two of miami. i am also a moderator on european csi forum so as you can see i'm a massive fan

I enjoy all 3 too. In order of preference it would be Vegas, New York and then Miami...

I've just started buying up the seasons and it's great to watch the old ones again.

S

OMG. I can't believe they have started season four of csi miami on RTE when it took them forever to show season five of csi las vegas. is it me or is miami more popular than las vegas here but whem i talk to people who like csi they tell me they like las vegas more than miami. then whats going on. are people watch miami as a subsitute for las vegas cause RTE took forever to show las vegas.

Miami gets the ratings on RTE 2,whereas Vegas seems lost on RTE 1. From the tarantino finale that was shown on RTE 2,you can see it can get good ratings. They should switch it over to RTE 2.

Also Id say people find Miami more flash,I prefer it anyway,I find Vegas dull and drab a lot of the time,and I honestly think Grissom is the same,dull and boring,whereas Horatio is such a shaper and his one-liners are so bad they are great,and in NY,well Gary Sinise is just cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I think the real question about CSI is: Who would win in a fight between Gil Grissom, Mac Taylor and Horatio Caine! :p

Horatio of course,Grissom doesn't even carry a gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

dont know if any of you watch csi on living tv but if you do they are starting to show the new csi soon, i think it is csi la.

• Advertisement
Advertisement