Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

system of a down

Options
  • 30-03-2005 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

hey just got an email with a link to one of there new songs , sounds kinda funky , think the new albums out may 17th , any of ye hear the new song ?I thought the very start reminded me of Iron Maiden until the crazy singin started :) Their brilliant!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heard that song just now myself, sounds identical to something off their last album which to me is a bit dissapointing, its a good song but i was hoping for a new direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

where is it located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

http://www.systemofadown.com/mediaplayer/byob/
    here ya go!
    Na I think its pretty cool , but I love everything they do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

its entertaining i guess but i hope the album as a whole would be better than toxicity

I wasnt too keen on steal this album when i firstt bought it , but now i love it!I think toxicity is a great album though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

hasn't B.Y.O.B been released as a single now?

Ou has it?I must give a look for it saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    hey just got an email with a link to one of there new songs , sounds kinda funky , think the new albums out may 17th , any of ye hear the new song ?I thought the very start reminded me of Iron Maiden until the crazy singin started :) Their brilliant!

25th of April or so the sign in HMV says. I can nay wait!

wow i didnt know it was that soon , deadly!I love system of a down , id love to be going to see them this summer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Sounds good so far, crazy singing and all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I love system of a down :)

This is good news! Although I'll be suprised if they surpass Toxicity as album with this one, I think they peaked there, it's one of my all time favourite albums (I associate it with some damn good memories)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

From listening to the first few tracks off the album I've got a bad feeling. Serj is more backing up Daron on the tracks, and while Cigaro is quite good, and BYOB is okay, I don't like Holy Mountain or Kill Rock and Roll at all. I don't know, maybe when I hear the rest of the album it'll grow on me. Seems sluggish.

hey where`d you get the album Tazzle?

SOAD are going to be on MTV2's Gonzo, next week along with Trent Reznor

yay System rule , I cant wait to get the album , is it true that they have another album out in November that this was meant to be a double CD one part in summer and one in autumn?

yes, that true, but i'm not sure about the november thing

deadly stuff , system are just so unique , the singin is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i heard another song taken from a live show called "holy mountain". it's quite excellent indeed. should be a great album. for those wondering, disc 2 of the double-album wont be released until after the summer (that's as vague as it gets)

anyone here going to see them this summer>?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

My friend's going to see them in London the day before her alevel exams, hrmm. Crazy :) The albums are Mezmerize/Hypnotize, with the former due for release pretty soon, and the latter due towards the end of the year.

• Advertisement

I wish i had arranged to go paris when their on now and not a month later , I reckon they`ll put on some fantastic shows. :)

Advertisement