Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dublin Venue

Options
  • 30-03-2005 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Just so everyone would see this I've started a new thread.

(Hope it's ok)

This is the newsletter that was sent to the club members about the venue:

NEWSLETTER

Irish Model Racing Car Club and Dublin Model Car Club
    Easter 2005

Newsflash !! Newsflash !! Newsflash !!

The IMRCC and the DMCC are delighted to announce to all our members and friends that we have got the ‘green light’ from the South Dublin County Council to go ahead with our new racing venue at Camac Valley, Corkagh Park, Clondalkin.

Our regular racers have been kept up to date with negotiations and developments, so this is to let you know we will be up and running in a few weeks, and most certainly in time for Round 1 of the National Electric Off-road Championship on 14th and 15th May and Round 2 of the National Electric On-road Championship on 22nd May.

For those of you who have not been trackside for a while maybe with our new and improved facilities you might want to come and race. We have a large tarmac area available to us and as much grass as we need. We hope to be able to accommodate both electric and IC classes from Mini-Stox to Monster Trucks, so if you have it bring it and have some fun.

We invite all those interested to meet on the track so we can choose the most appropriate times for racing. We hope to race on both Saturdays and Sundays. If there is enough interest we will hold a mid-week evening meeting for either racing or practice, depending what people want. We will be at the track next Saturday 2nd April from 1pm till 3pm and on Sunday 3rd April from 12noon till 2pm to meet all those interested and discuss all suggestions.

The new racing venue is at the new flyover on the Naas Dual Carriageway at Kingswood. Our entrance is beside the entrance to Camac Valley Caravan and Camping Park, so if you follow the directions for it you won’t go wrong. If you need more directions or to meet at a different time please contact any of the following :-

I've also attached a pic of the venue.

If anyone needs more information about it just get in contact.

Hope to see some of you over the week-end.

MiCk B. :-)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 313 ✭✭revo

no offence mick but that track sucked

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kevin dublin

Hi Revo2008,

O dear!, what sucked? It it just too flat? I've not been out myself, I'm planning on dropping out on Sunday.

Remember it's early days, the track is only getting developed & if you are involved at the beginnig you could have a say in what improvements can take place.

All the best

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

revo2008,

Deep comment, really helpful.

Can I ask the questions:

What track / venue do you have?
    How much time do you spend / have you spent preparing this track / venue?
    What club(s) do you help organise?
    What is your involvement at national and international level?
    How much of your own time and money do you put into that club so that you and other people can race their model cars?
    When can I race at this track?

When you can answer me the above, I'll be worried about you opinion on our new venue.

Mickb wrote:
    revo2008,

Deep comment, really helpful.

Can I ask the questions:

What track / venue do you have?
    How much time do you spend / have you spent preparing this track / venue?
    What club(s) do you help organise?
    What is your involvement at national and international level?
    How much of your own time and money do you put into that club so that you and other people can race their model cars?
    When can I race at this track?

When you can answer me the above, I'll be worried about you opinion on our new venue.

What track / venue do you have? i dont have a track and neither do you.
    How much time do you spend / have you spent preparing this track / venue? If you really think you spent time ?? all it is is a small track with grass cut out. nothing else? that must have taken a lot of time. its just way too small.
    What club(s) do you help organise? None because im only new to the club scene and there is no monster truck clubs around.
    What is your involvement at national and international level? see above. (if you are one of the people that organise race dayd it doesnt say a lot for ireland)
    How much of your own time and money do you put into that club so that you and other people can race their model cars? see above
    When can I race at this track? feel free to come to marley park or st annes park. much better then a piece on grass beside a motorway in the middle of no were. sure did you not realise why we left so quickly??

Now since i answered your CHEEKY questions feel free to take myself and B.R OPINION regarding this track.

Hi Revo2008,

O dear!, what sucked? It it just too flat? I've not been out myself, I'm planning on dropping out on Sunday.

Remember it's early days, the track is only getting developed & if you are involved at the beginnig you could have a say in what improvements can take place.

All the best

Kevin
    hey kevin. im sure the last post will answer most of your questions. just got very very dissapointed with the track after driving for 45 minutes. there is no markers or anything. i suppose ya gotta go and see what ya think yourself but its just not suitable. but let me know if im wrong i apologise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

Can the track be used at any time and by anyone or is it just for official club track days.
    Also, how often is there a meet at the track.Is it every week or fortnight :)

revo2008 wrote:
    hey kevin. im sure the last post will answer most of your questions. just got very very dissapointed with the track after driving for 45 minutes. there is no markers or anything. i suppose ya gotta go and see what ya think yourself but its just not suitable. but let me know if im wrong i apologise

Hi revo2008,

No need to apologise, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I think what we have here is just two different parts of the RC scene, the beginner who just wants to have fun & enjoy a venue so they can bash around (revo2008 + others) & an experienced racer who has contributed a lot to the RC scene in Ireland(Mick)

The two are not mutually exclusive, but I have to say, Mick don't be so hard on the new guys :D

I've been on the receiving end of newbie criticism at race meets that I’ve been helping to organise. You feel like screaming at them about all the effort that goes into organising a days racing, having committee meetings beforehand, getting there at 8am when most new guys arrive at 10, 11, 12!!! I could mention 101 things that have to be done by somebody, but I won't :rolleyes:

But how are the newbie’s suppose to know what happens, I didn't know before I got involved.

The one thing I've figured out is not to take any comments personally. Organising RC events is a thankless task, what I've found is that if you ask guys to help they will but if you wait for them to come forward, you'll be waiting :p

After all of that I won't get a chance to go to the track today :(

I’m sure the track can be developed, being in the middle of no where is a good thing, no complaints from the neighbours, I kid you not this can be a real problem, 10 X nitro cars racing around make A LOT of noise!!!

Monster trucks really need jumps & stuff like that, most proper race tracks are tight compared to bashing around in a field or car park. The tight tracks improve your driving skill for obvious reasons, add in another 8-9 trucks trying to get around the same track & now you have racing!!!

Lets see if we can put our collective energy into developing a track which CAN cater for all types of RC users etc.

All the best

Kevin

Hi revo2008,

No need to apologise, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I think what we have here is just two different parts of the RC scene, the beginner who just wants to have fun & enjoy a venue so they can bash around (revo2008 + others) & an experienced racer who has contributed a lot to the RC scene in Ireland(Mick)

The two are not mutually exclusive, but I have to say, Mick don't be so hard on the new guys :D

I've been on the receiving end of newbie criticism at race meets that I’ve been helping to organise. You feel like screaming at them about all the effort that goes into organising a days racing, having committee meetings beforehand, getting there at 8am when most new guys arrive at 10, 11, 12!!! I could mention 101 things that have to be done by somebody, but I won't :rolleyes:

But how are the newbie’s suppose to know what happens, I didn't know before I got involved.

The one thing I've figured out is not to take any comments personally. Organising RC events is a thankless task, what I've found is that if you ask guys to help they will but if you wait for them to come forward, you'll be waiting :p

After all of that I won't get a chance to go to the track today :(

I’m sure the track can be developed, being in the middle of no where is a good thing, no complaints from the neighbours, I kid you not this can be a real problem, 10 X nitro cars racing around make A LOT of noise!!!

Monster trucks really need jumps & stuff like that, most proper race tracks are tight compared to bashing around in a field or car park. The tight tracks improve your driving skill for obvious reasons, add in another 8-9 trucks trying to get around the same track & now you have racing!!!

Lets see if we can put our collective energy into developing a track which CAN cater for all types of RC users etc.

All the best

Kevin

well said kev. too be honest the biggest thing that turned us off was the unwelcome experience when we first arrived as if we werent wanted.

revo wrote:
    well said kev. too be honest the biggest thing that turned us off was the unwelcome experience when we first arrived as if we werent wanted.

Hi Revo,

I'm sorry to hear that :(

I know when we are racing at the track in St. Annes everything is on a VERY tight schedule, we try & make time for newbie's but if somebody comes up & says I have a car what do I do !!!!! Its a BIG question. That newbie might feel unwelcome because we don't have time for them on a race day, but we do try & explain to them & explain about 'fun' days.

ORCA try & have 'fun' days, on these days there is no official racing. We invite newbies down on these days so we can give them some of our time/experience & help them out. Everybody on the committee agrees to make an effort with newbies on these days so they do feel welcome etc.

Kevin

Hi Revo,

I'm sorry to hear that :(

I know when we are racing at the track in St. Annes everything is on a VERY tight schedule, we try & make time for newbie's but if somebody comes up & says I have a car what do I do !!!!! Its a BIG question. That newbie might feel unwelcome because we don't have time for them on a race day, but we do try & explain to them & explain about 'fun' days.

ORCA try & have 'fun' days, on these days there is no official racing. We invite newbies down on these days so we can give them some of our time/experience & help them out. Everybody on the committee agrees to make an effort with newbies on these days so they do feel welcome etc.

Kevin

thats the point it wasnt a race day. i was invited and not very welcomed

• Advertisement

revo wrote:
    thats the point it wasnt a race day. i was invited and not very welcomed

There was / is an open invitation to all.

I do not know if I was in the same day are revo, but I remember getting a phone call from some one at about 1:30pm asking for exact directions to the track. At that stage as was about 5 mins from where they were. I said I pick them up on the way and they would then be able to follow me to the track. I got to the track parked my car and went to find my father. The person who followed me got out of their car looked at the track got back in the car and drove off.

I have to assume this person was revo as they did not stay long enough to be introduced.

Who was the rude person?

revo since the venue as it stands is not up to your required standard, I assume that you do not want to have any input into the development of the venue or be made aware of any future develoments.

Mickb wrote:
    There was / is an open invitation to all.

I do not know if I was in the same day are revo, but I remember getting a phone call from some one at about 1:30pm asking for exact directions to the track. At that stage as was about 5 mins from where they were. I said I pick them up on the way and they would then be able to follow me to the track. I got to the track parked my car and went to find my father. The person who followed me got out of their car looked at the track got back in the car and drove off.

I have to assume this person was revo as they did not stay long enough to be introduced.

Who was the rude person?

revo since the venue as it stands is not up to your required standard, I assume that you do not want to have any input into the development of the venue or be made aware of any future develoments.

you really have a short fuse? i was stating my opinion. yes i rang you for directions and follwed your which i apprecited. i introduced myself too you and you took ur buggy out of the car and walked over to your friends. and by ur last statement saying i didnt want any say in the track. was that not what iw as doing by saying it sucked? contructive criticsm mate

ian25 wrote:
    Can the track be used at any time and by anyone or is it just for official club track days.
    Also, how often is there a meet at the track.Is it every week or fortnight :)

At the moment there is no definate plan for the venue. That's why people were invited out this week-end, so we could all discuss, the what where and when.

We would hope to have racing there at least one day every week-end. This all depends on the level on intrest shown and who is willing in to help to make things happen. If there's enough racers we can even have racing on an evening during the week.

Over the next few weeks we will be organising the moving of the club container to Corkagh Park. This will house all the hoses etc for marking out the on-road and off-road tracks. As well as jumps etc. for the off-road track, and a rostrum to race from.

Over the comming months with the help and support of the parks people we will be laying permanent features into the off-road track; these we hope would include table tops, double jumps. triple jumps and areas of adverse camber etc.

We will be out there again this comming Saturday the 9th of April from 2pm if anyone wants to come and have a look.

Hi Mick,

If you need an extra pair of hands on Sat. to do anything just drop me an email.

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Right, well I've kept out of this discussion so far, but now I feel it's time to add my input :)

I think this thread atm is split into two sides, one side being Mickb and the other being Revo, while Kevin is trying not to get involved although edging on Mickb's side as he obviously knows him personally.

Both sides have good points, but I think they are both flawed in their arguements, so here's my 2 cents on what's wrong.

Revo: you need to take time to get to at least meet the people at a club before you decide that the track sucks. If you get to know the members then you can have an input into how the track is developed, and as such make it not "suck".

Kevin: I get the impression from your posts that the club you run (or have some say in the running of) is what I call an "over-working club". Why is there a need for all the meetings? Surely you could just have one every few months, appointing people to do various jobs etc, and then have your "meetings" when most of the people are out at a site on the weekend. Becoming too official is something which attributes to many new people not-joining clubs.

Mickb: I noticed earlier you pulled the "You're new, what do you know?" trick. Though the points are fair, this is something which has been said millions of times in millions of clubs, groups, and societies around the world. First of all it does not really contribute to a discussion and second of all it's almost an insult to the person you're saying it to. I may be wrong, but don't you want to attract new members to your club?

I may be wrong on all the things I've said in this post, and you're welcome to disagree with me - I'm not infallible! But please, don't let the comments turn into personal insults.

Fobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Model Mechanix

Hi Guys,

Wow, looks like this has really got off on the wrong foot here!

Can we just step back for a minute and have a look at the situation as I feel some things need to be clarified.

The new venue at Corcaigh Park was only approved thursday one week ago, last Sunday, Mick B and myself cut the track. All we did was decide on a basic layout and cut the grass so that we could start to run cars on the area.

I do have to say, (from Revo's point of view) the track is basic. But it's only a week old! There are no jumps, barriers or markers out yet. There are several reasons for this.

Firstly, we wanted more input from more guys who were likely to join the club and use the track before we started building jumps, so that we could try to ensure that the track is suitable for as many types of car as possible ( monster trucks / buggy's / stadium trucks / nitro rally / 1/8th rallycross/ etc. etc. etc.) This is why MickB put the newsletter and invitation up on this thread. Mick didn't have to bother but he did and it was for everyones benefit.

Secondly, the track markers, hoses, barriers, cones, drivers stand etc are all in our 20ft container which has yet to be moved from our other track to Corcaigh Park. We hope that this will only take a couple of weeks to sort.

Revo, perhaps if you had stayed a little longer you might have had the chance to speak with some of us and you'd have been told exactly what we have in mind for the area and the club.

I don't mean to be harsh on you Revo, but I can see why Mick went off on one. You turned up, looked at the track and left. You can see his point, easy to interpret as an insult. Further more you left a very negative comment on here. It just wasn't called for.

I'd like to say that you (and all) are welcome at the track / club and that this can be forgotten about. In fact, helpful critisism is very much appreciated at this stage, just tell us how we can make it better instead of just saying it's ****, lol!
    Better still, come out again at somestage, bring a shovel and help make the jumps and lay out the barriers etc.

Hope to see you and everyone else there at some stage soon,

Karl

Hi Guys,

Wow, looks like this has really got off on the wrong foot here!

Can we just step back for a minute and have a look at the situation as I feel some things need to be clarified.

The new venue at Corcaigh Park was only approved thursday one week ago, last Sunday, Mick B and myself cut the track. All we did was decide on a basic layout and cut the grass so that we could start to run cars on the area.

I do have to say, (from Revo's point of view) the track is basic. But it's only a week old! There are no jumps, barriers or markers out yet. There are several reasons for this.

Firstly, we wanted more input from more guys who were likely to join the club and use the track before we started building jumps, so that we could try to ensure that the track is suitable for as many types of car as possible ( monster trucks / buggy's / stadium trucks / nitro rally / 1/8th rallycross/ etc. etc. etc.) This is why MickB put the newsletter and invitation up on this thread. Mick didn't have to bother but he did and it was for everyones benefit.

Secondly, the track markers, hoses, barriers, cones, drivers stand etc are all in our 20ft container which has yet to be moved from our other track to Corcaigh Park. We hope that this will only take a couple of weeks to sort.

Revo, perhaps if you had stayed a little longer you might have had the chance to speak with some of us and you'd have been told exactly what we have in mind for the area and the club.

I don't mean to be harsh on you Revo, but I can see why Mick went off on one. You turned up, looked at the track and left. You can see his point, easy to interpret as an insult. Further more you left a very negative comment on here. It just wasn't called for.

I'd like to say that you (and all) are welcome at the track / club and that this can be forgotten about. In fact, helpful critisism is very much appreciated at this stage, just tell us how we can make it better instead of just saying it's ****, lol!
    Better still, come out again at somestage, bring a shovel and help make the jumps and lay out the barriers etc.

Hope to see you and everyone else there at some stage soon,

Karl

hey mate appreciate ur comments and i know aht ya mean i agree with u and fobia. u see i wasnt told it was only a week old and from what i was hearing it was great and i could run my truck etc. what annoyed me most was the fact of driving out to the m50 and actually driving back to pick up b.r as i thought it was worth it all in all i was travelling about 1 hr 30 mins. i know were mick is coming from etc we stayed for few minutes but we didnt see the point as far as we were concerend that was the track and we were outsideers. as anyone would feel if you wer ein our shoes ya know,

on another note MICK here is some pics that may help

Hi Fobia,

Very sensible comments, just what this posting needed.

Regarding the club I'm involved in, yes we have about 1 meeting every 4-6 weeks. When you have 30-40 drivers arriving on a national race day, some taking 3-4 hours to get to the track you need to have your act together.

When you are involved in running national races sanctioned by the RCCAOI there is a book full of rules & regs, which apply to all races, & if they are ignored somebody can complain & a championship could be in jeopardy. These national races allow the best of Irish racers to represent their country in Europe at EFRA races or maybe at a World event.

Although we are trying to encourage more newbie’s into the club, ORCA is primarily a racing club and as such tends to attract a certain type of dedicated driver.

Just for the record I've only met Mick maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 3 years. What I would say is anybody who has dealt with Mick, that I have talked to, have only had very good comments to make about his dedication & contribution to the Irish RC scene.

Revo, great track pics, if only it did not rain as much as it does in Ireland :D

I think most organised offroad racing in Ireland is on grass? Not sure about the UK, anybody out there know? or have pics of tracks in the UK.

What we really need is some lottery money so we can build a big multi-purpose indoor track ;) anybody know any nice TD's :p

Least we forget, at the end of the day we all are involved in RC cars for a bit of fun :D:D:D:D:D:D

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Least we forget, at the end of the day we all are involved in RC cars for a bit of fun :D:D:D:D:D:D

My point summarized into one line :)

• Advertisement

From the pictures that revo posted I'm starting to see now where there would be some confusion.

I too would be disappointed if I arrived out expecting a full track laid out with marker and jumps etc, but found what we had at the moment in the park.

I was under the assumption that everyone was aware the was we have at the moment is a 'virgin' venue so to speak. That was the reason I posted a pic of how the venue looks at the moment.
    Maybe it should have been make a bit clearer in the announcement. But what must be realise is that even to get what we have at the moment has taken months of contact with the parks dept. Even now before we build any jumps etc on the track we will have to for various reasons provide the park with a scale plan of the area, which must include locations of jump(s), overall height, gradient of the slope on all approaches to each of the jumps.

How do I know all this? This is what we had to do for our last venue where we raced, which took over a year to get to a good standard for racing.

Just for a bit of history: Our last venue that we raced at was in Griffin Park in Lucan. The area where we were allowed to race was very close to residential properties, so for that reason the club was unable to offer the chance for people to run any form of IC car at Griffin Park. At a meeting near the end of last year, there was a planner there as well as others from the County Council and the parks dept, (things are this serious) we had a meeting at Griffin Park. There we were told that they were going to enlarge the carpark, which would mean the destruction of our track. At this point there was lots of hand waiving and ummms as to where we could be moved to.

Over the winter Karl brought to everyone attention an area in Corkagh Park that would be ideal for model car racing, electric on and off-road and IC on and off-road. So over the winter the necessary people in the parks dept and the County Council were contacted to see if would be possible to get permission to use this area of the park for model car racing.

The result of all this is where we are today. An area with that's easy to get to and where we can race both IC and electric vehicles.

revo: Cheers for those pictures. They are the type of track that nearly all the European Championships that I've competed at are like. Over the past 7 years there has only been two Euros that haven't been on dirt, this years in France and a few years ago in England.

BTW even in these European mainland countries (Austria, France, Sweden etc) which have 30 deg plus days during the summer all it takes is for one rain show to turn these track into unusable mud baths. So in our climate a dirt track would not last very long, (I'm sitting here looking out a window at hail !!) I more then anyone would love to have a track similar to the one in the pictures that revo posted, nearly every international event I got to is on a similar track, so all the Irish competitors are at a distinct disadvantage since we have nothing similar at home to practice on.

I've loads of pics of European tracks if anyone wants to see them just let me know and I'll post them.

Kevin: To the best of my knowledge there are only two dirt track in the UK. Tiverton, which is a temporary track, the club hires a jimkana (spelling) arena (where horses go jumping) from a local farmer where the club build a track. The last Euros in the UK was held there, even the dampness outside effected the track. The other dirt track in the UK is the A3 raceway. All the other off-road tracks in the UK are grass or astrotruff or a mixture of both.

This is getting to be a long post.

Back to the task at hand: People have to let the club know what they are looking for from Corkagh Park, I have to agree with revo that the area is a bit small. But if in the next few weeks we can get a regular turn-out of people racing. Then there is the possibility that we can approach the park, before any jumps etc. are built and ask for a bigger area. But we do need the people turning out regularly to persuade the park that we need this bigger area.

We'll be there again this Saturday from 2pm. If anyone wants to come out and discuss what the plans are for the venue they are more then welcome to. They only way the club has of knowing what people want is for them ask. (Also helps if they are will to pitch-in and help in making it all happen.)

(Suns back out great weather we have here!)

Just so everyone knows as well we hope in the next few weeks to have a container on site they will store the track markings (the club has lengths of oil pipe hose to mark the track), jumps and other things necessary for a days racing.

At this stage I really have to get back to work........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Very nice post mick, if you ever change your mind and want to move, come to cork and set up a club/track ];-)

Good luck with the track!

Hi guys,

good to see that we can all talk this sort of stuff out and come out the other side better off!

There are not enough rc racers in Ireland for the amount of politics that goes on, lol. (those of you who have been racing long enough know exactly what I'm talking about here)

Revo, no worries mate, it's all good. Sorry if there was any mis-communication but the track will be awesome, given a little time, I promise you.

Take the photos of the track you posted and cover that whole are with grass and thats what we hope to have. We can't have exposed dirt becaue of our climate here, the ground would be destroyed in no time. What we plan to do is to use some astro-turf or large capet mats on the jumps and landing areas to stop them from wearing away too much.
    The track in the photos is a little small for 1/8th trucks and buggys. It's ok when one or two are running but as Kevin said, you put ten out there and watch what happens! No one like to have there truck / car broken when everyone is racing closely.

On that note, thats why we were hoping to have some guys turn up over the weekend to actully run on the track. It would have given us a much better idea how much space monster trucks etc need running up to and when landing from jumps.

The beauty with Corcaigh Park is that we have lots of space. With careful planning and enough guys to pitch in we could have something far superior to most club tracks which could cater for everyones needs.

Its hard to get hold of photos of grass tracks online because most off-road tracks are dirt and based abroad, however!!!! I have attached a couple to give you guys an idea what we are talking about.

I will be out at the track this weekend and I hope to see some of you guys there. Do try to get out if you can and bring your cars / trucks. Mick and I will bring some ramps so that we can have a jump or two to make things interesting!

Karl

Here's some images of our old venue. We hope to have this and more at the new track!!

SLIM19198: Thanks for the support I watched the video you posted as well. Good stuff! When the track is up and running your more than welcome to up come up to Dublin.

MiCK B. :-)

I found some good photos of tracks in the UK. You can clearly see how the track is wide enough to cater for most classes but technical enough to make it interesting. Around the jumps you can see the astro-turf we would hope to use in Corcaigh Park.

Hope this helps,

Karl

Hi Guys,

I managed to drop out to the new venue today. I met 4 guys (sorry really bad with names!!) + Mick.

I understand how some people might react on their first visit, car park + grass :D

What I saw was lots of potential. The reality is if you want a venue to race monster trucks everybody who wants this will have to get hands on involved.

I don't think anybody out there is going to spend money + their time building a monster truck track & then wait to see if anybody turns up :rolleyes: This is not Hollywood, "build it & they will come"!!!!!

How many guys here have monster trucks & are willing to turn up for a monster truck championship?? Say 6 rounds.

Who is going to be the first Irish monster truck champion :D:D

Kevin

me of course.. also b.r also 3 of our mates.
    so thats a
    revo
    t maxx
    hpi evo
    cen
    savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 penance

Well said Kevin, it is because of your commitment and people like you that make rc-racing fun as well as competative ,and when you can attract people to your venue from as far away as the north of ireland your doing somthing right. you guys need to get together over a pint of that black stuff and sort the problems out. Just sounds like teething problems to me.

Hi Guys,

There could be 3 guys from ORCA interested, a Savage, & two T-Max's.

If we could get a regular 6-8 guys to turn up that would be enough to have a championship.

I'll talk with Mick & see if some dates can be picked.

This would involve joining a club + paying race subs at each race meet. It would also involve turning up early & getting the track prepared.

None of the RC clubs are large enough to support arrive & drive racers, everybody in the club needs to help in the setup & de-rig on the day.

Kevin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 .B.R.

Any updates on this track lads?

Advertisement